Hoplocephalus.

Chapter 20. Hoplocephalus - It's Poison.

English is not my mother tongue, so I hope you understand if there are any errors in the text. Let me know so I can fix it.

Thank you, I love you!

Venenum

By Koryander.

Hermione looks out of the window in a classroom of the Castle. It's autumn, leaves are falling, and the sun is shining through the clouds. However, she isn't appreciating the view because she is only thinking about one thing: Am I foolish or naive?

She shudders when she hears Avery laugh. All of the future Death Eaters are present. Hermione could have jumped off a cliff, as she only put herself in danger.

So, she sat quietly in the room's corner, looking out the window with a thoughtful expression, hoping they would leave her be. Sadly, luck wasn't on her side.

Lestrange sat partly on a table in a relaxed position whilst conversing with Avery and Mulciber. Rosier leaned against a bookshelf accompanied by Malfoy, with Alphard, Araminta, and Dolohov following closely behind. Hermione shut her eyes as she sensed the arrival of the last person, knowing she was in trouble.

"I don't understand why you're even here, Alphard,"

Mulciber said. "I embody creativity and -" he gestured with his index finger, "charisma."

"Where were you last night? We didn't see you at the club, Araminta," Avery enquires.

Lestrange raises an eyebrow as he takes a bite of a apple.

"I was feeling unwell."

Avery teases, "Girl trouble, huh?"

"Why don't you mind your own business, Avery?" Araminta casts an angry glance towards Avery, who takes a step back with his hands raised in surrender.

Upon seeing Hermione's expression, Lestrange emits a noise by pursing his lips as if sucking on a straw. "It's hot", he chuckles.

However, his distraction is short-lived as he feels uneasy with Hermione's quiet presence. Lestrange meets the gaze of Avery and Rosier, takes the apple core, and throws it in Hermione's direction.

Hermione stood motionless for a while, avoiding eye contact with either of them. Abruptly, she senses something adhering to her hair, prompting her to blink and reach for it. Abruptly, she senses something adhering to her hair, prompting her to blink and reach for it. Upon recognizing the lump, she glances at Lestrange, who is grinning as she tosses another one, this time hitting Hermione's forehead.

She gazes at him skeptically and briefly considers speaking her mind, but decides against it and remains silent.

Her aloof demeanor appears to irk Lestrange, causing him to rise and maneuver his wand. The apple is abandoned on the table.

"Pardon?" Can you not take a joke?"

Hermione sighed, appearing tired, and turned to face him.

"What's the issue?" She spoke in a neutral tone, which seemed to unsettle him.

"You're the problem."

"Please, specify. Is it my presence that bothers you? Don't you think that's juvenile, Lestrange?"

"You believe you're quite clever, don't you?"

Hermione shrugged, not denying his words. Lestrange seems to think this is an insult and takes a step towards Hermione, but Alphard stands in his way, placing a hand on Lestrange's chest, restraining his advance.