44 || Right Now

Two months later...

Evie's POV

Two months went by like a blink of an eye. Sometimes when you let your mind rule over your heart and choose to let go of something, it gets easier to get through the days.

It's also a lot easier when you have an event for work to prepare for. The premiere of Johnny Gold's movie was tonight and I was in a coffee shop with Liam doing last minute emails.

"Did you send an invite to London News a week ago?" Liam asked as he simultaneously typed from one tab to another on his laptop.

"Done," I nodded, taking a sip of my coffee. I checked my calendar on my phone and groaned. "Ugh, I still have to do my hair and makeup. Danielle's coming over tonight to help me."

Danielle's lucky she's in human resources and she doesn't have to get all stressed out with us today.

"Women," Liam rolled his eyes. "I'm putting on a simple white button down and a black jacket, that's it. Oh, and I will shower longer."

"Nice," I chuckled. "How many more minutes until you're done?"

"Just one more email," he answered, keeping his eyes on the screen.

"I wonder if there will be any famous people turning up tonight," I thought out loud.

"It's an indie film premiere in London. I doubt all the sophisticated celebrities from Beverly Hills even know about this one," Liam made a face.

"There are famous people who live in London," I frowned.

"Like who?"

"Last time I heard P. Diddy buy a two point five million house over here," I said.

"And P. Diddy would totally want to go to the premiere," Liam said, closing his laptop. "Alright. Let's head out and get all your makeup and girly stuff done so we won't be late."

"Someone's stressing out," I raised my eyebrow as I followed him out of the shop.

Liam sighed. "Sorry. I met Johnny Gold a week ago and he's sort of an ass. It's not like we're even getting any extra pay for having to deal with someone like him."

"That's PR," I shrugged. "You will always be forced to deal with people you don't like. In fact, this is the first time I'm actually going to be part of the event itself. I usually always do all the boring paperwork and emails."

Liam drove me to my apartment after deciding to pick up Danielle on the way. He kindly waited in my living room, scanning through channels on the television as Danielle and I helped each other put our makeup on.

"I don't look Hollywood enough," I muttered as I placed down my hair straightening iron.

"You look so chic, stop stressing," Danielle said as she blew on my eyes after putting on mascara on my lashes. "And we're in London. You look London enough."

"You have to understand that this is my first actual event. Like something I actually organized," I said. "Well fine, along with Liam. But do you feel me?"

Danielle laughed. "Why are you so nervous? It's an indie film. The place isn't even that big, and there are like what, a hundred guests including press? It's going to be fine."

"I don't know," I mumbled. "There's just this knot in my stomach and a weird feeling that I can't explain. I think I'm going to throw up."

"You're not giving a speech or anything, are you? You're literally just going entertain the press and talk about boring stuff like the weather or the best dressed people at the VMAs," Danielle said.