41 || Fool's Gold

Evie's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. Zayn's been seeing a therapist for the same reasons? I literally ran way past the elevator and down the stairs to go find a taxi outside. As soon as I got one, we went straight to the tattoo parlor.

It didn't take long before we arrived. After paying, I rushed out and pushed the glass door open, only to find Louis doing a tattoo on a customer while Zayn was behind the counter, drawing on his sketchpad.

All eyes were on me when I entered.

"Hey, you're back," Zayn smiled, placing his sketchpad on the counter. "How was the trip?"

I dropped by bags on the floor and tried to catch my breath. "Zayn, we need to talk."

Louis, who probably sensed something was up, signaled towards the backroom after pointing towards his customer. "Take it somewhere else."

I didn't even wait for Zayn to move. I just quickly walked towards the backroom and waited for him to follow me. I sat on one of the chairs, not really knowing what to say first.

Seconds later, Zayn followed me inside, looking quite apprehensive himself. "What's going on babe?"

"I need you to explain this," I showed him a picture of the file that I took on my phone. I figured that was the right thing to do instead of stealing something private.

His face turned pale when he saw the photo with his name, condition, and everything. "Where'd you find that?"

"I need you to explain this to me first, please," I begged. I felt like the room was literally spinning right now and I could collapse any moment. "Is this why you know Harry? You know him, don't you? You really do."

"Why the fuck is he so important to you, anyway?" he snapped. "Do you know him in real life? Have you been seeing him behind my back? Are you really fucking head over heels in-love with him, just like in my dreams?"

I swallowed hard, feeling my heart stop right at that very moment. "You've been dreaming about us??"

"Every night, Evie. Every goddamn night. It's like a nightmare that I can't seem to get rid of," his voice started to become hoarse. "How long have you been seeing him?"

"Zayn, I've never met Harry..." I began. "Only in my dreams."

"Bullshit."

"It's true!" I insisted. "I don't know anything about him in real life or if he even exists at all. I saw your files because... well, because I've been seeing a therapist too. I've been experiencing lucid dreaming for weeks now."

"Then is it true? Are you really in-love with him just like how I see it?"

"Like how you see it?"

"Fuck, the truth is, I don't know what the hell is going on right now, alright?" Zayn got up and slightly punched the wall with his fist.

That exact moment, Louis poked his head inside the door and said, "Guys, my customer has been asking me what kind of commotion is happening here. Now if you don't mind, I think it would be better if you take this whole thing outside? Like, where you won't be heard from here?"

Zayn kicked the stool in front of him and marched out of the back door. I gave Louis an apologetic look before following Zayn outside.

As soon as we both got out, Zayn let out a deep breath and avoided my gaze. "I've been dreaming about you guys being passionately in-love. It all started with this dream where I saw you making out with a guy at a party. I thought it was going to end there, but it was only the beginning."