37 || One Way or Another

Evie's POV

You know how dreams go from one story to another in just a blink of an eye? At least that's how dreams normally go. Well, that just happened thrice tonight. After my weird candy land incident with Harry, the next thing I knew we were back in his car, driving around the city like it was a normal day.

"So I was thinking," Harry spoke up as he kept one hand on the wheel, while his other hand was popping some potato crisps in his mouth. "Since Dreamboat got wrecked and all, I should give her a total revamp. New color scheme, new interior, new everything. What do you think?"

"Hmmm?" I blinked. Just a second ago I was crying in a puddle of chocolate, and now I was sitting in this car. I mean, what sorcery is this? I knew it was normal for a dream, but it just kept giving me a headache every minute.

"Are you even there?" he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry," I mumbled. "I just, uh, spaced out. What were you saying?"

"I was talking about giving Dreamboat a makeover," he said. "She needs a re-do. It's the least I could do for her. Poor baby."

"I actually like her the way she is," I shrugged. "She looks beautiful even with the chipped paint and antique vibe. Maybe you could just really fix her up, but retain her natural look."

"Yeah, yeah I could," he nodded.

"Where are we going?" I asked, as he turned right to a dark corner in the highway. There was a huge sign that said 'Detour' right in front of us, but Harry just drove way past it.

"You see, this is how it is when you live without me," he began, sending chills up my spine. The road was really dark and all I could see were shadows of huge trees.

"What's with the sudden mood change?" I frowned.

He sighed. "I'm not sure if you realize the impact I've made in your life as much as I realize the impact you've made in mine?"

"Are you kidding? That is not true at all Harry," I nearly snorted. "You have no idea how much you've changed my life. It's been a crazy ride so far."

"I know but..." he grunted and paused. "But it doesn't seem like you've made up your mind yet. You still seem unsettled."

"I'm kind of getting lost here..."

"I'm going to show you how life will be when you're with me," he drove to the other side of the road, going back to where we came from.

When we got out to the high way, I noticed the sky was brighter and there was a massive flock of birds flying towards our direction. They were really high up in the sky so they didn't literally pass by us, but I was in awe.

"What does this mean?" I questioned, still feeling a bit confused.

"It means freedom," he smiled. All of a sudden, he started driving really fast all the way down the freeway. His windows were open and you could clearly see the wind blowing his hair against his face.

"Woooohoooo!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "This is fun, isn't it?"

I shook my head and held on to my seatbelt. "Harry, I think you should stop..."

"You really need to live a little! Don't you love the adrenaline rush??"

"Yes, but you're not racing!" I shouted. I could barely hear myself because of the strong sound of his wheels along with the wind. "This is not the time or place for it!"

"Party pooper," he stuck his tongue out of me.

"This sudden randomness is just giving me a headache," I muttered under my breath. "Just stop the damn car so we can have a serious talk somewhere."