26 || Fireproof

Evie's POV

It's crazy how dreaming about Harry became like a normal thing for me already, as compared to before when I'd freak out or get confused whenever he'd appear in my dreams. It's so normal to the point that it scares me. I'm so used to it that I'm absolutely terrified just thinking of the time when it will actually stop.

I mean, come on. I don't think this will last forever. I'm not sure if I can spend the rest of my life being in-love with two people.

When I think about Zayn, I know that I love him, I just don't know how much. I love him because it's always been him. I never really saw my future with anyone else. I never even thought I'd have feelings for another guy. He was already the one for a very long time.

Being with Zayn makes me feel secure, like I don't have to worry about who I'm going to grow old with or if I will end up alone. It's like everything is set and all I have to do is just go on with it.

But being with Harry was the complete opposite. I never know what to expect when I wake to find him in my dreams. I can never plan anything because I never know what will happen the next night I see him. It's scary and exhilarating at the same time.

At this point, I didn't know which life I wanted more. All I can say is sometimes, the best things in life happen when you're dreaming.

Speaking of dreaming, this mop-haired dream boy of mine has been blabbing non-stop about a backpacking trip he had in mind for us.

"When I say backpacking trip, I literally mean only taking one backpack with you," Harry firmly said, with his hands placed on his hips. "It doesn't mean taking one backpack plus ten other suitcases. I know how you girls are."

"Fine, just one backpack," I agreed, knowing I had no choice anyway. It's not like I even get to pack for these things. Like when we went to Paris, I just woke up in the airplane and magically had suitcases with me when we got off the plane. "But where are we going?"

"After we go around the city, we can go up the mountains and hang around under the clouds," his eyes sparkled in excitement. "I've done that a couple of times but I'd always be alone so it was no fun."

I sat right next to him on the sofa bed inside his boat as he wrote down our itinerary for the trip. "You have a habit of just climbing mountains by yourself?"

"I have a habit of exploring the world by myself," he grinned, putting his arm around me. "But now that I have you, I don't have to do it alone."

"Don't you have any friends to do those things with?" I asked. "It's weird because you've never really introduced me to any of your friends."

"That's because I don't have any," he shrugged.

"Okay. That's a bit hard to believe," I crossed my arms. There was no way this guy didn't have any friends. He seemed like such an all-around, happy go-lucky guy. He didn't really come across as someone who wasn't a people-person.

He rolled his eyes and leaned against the couch. "Fine, let me rephrase it. I do have friends, but I've always been content with myself. Not that I'm self-absorbed or whatever, but I always believed that your happiness shouldn't depend on other people. You should be happy with yourself as a whole, whether you have ten best friends or none at all."

I looked up at him with a smile. I always admired it whenever he started talking about life and his philosophies.

"Like if I want to go to the beach, I will go to the beach whether my friends tag along or not," he went on. "I will have fun either way."

"I really love your outlook on life," I mused, staring at his lips. "I don't think I've met anyone like you."

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble but you kind of changed a lot of things," he laughed. "I wasn't done talking yet."