27 || Midnight Memories

Evie's POV

"Water?"

"Check."

"Towels?"

"Check."

"Biscuits?"

"Check."

"Flashlight?"

"Check."

"First-aid?"

"Check."

"More water?"

"Geez, I ain't got a magic backpack that has everything Evie," Harry groans.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. "Battery packs? Extra phone batteries?"

"Check," he smirked. "Condoms?"

"I'm not making love to you on a mountain top, Harry Styles," I raised my eyebrow at him while zipping up my backpack. Harry prepared everything for me but I really didn't trust him so I had to double-check everything.

Harry expression sulked, pretending to look hurt. "Wow, there goes my hopes and dreams then."

"Are we ready?" I asked, looking at the backpacks in our hands.

"Off to the car we go," Harry huffed as he slung his backpack on one shoulder, while putting on a black snapback.

"We're taking your car?" I asked. "I thought we were backpacking?"

"It doesn't mean walking all the way there, do you want to actually die?" Harry opened the door of the passenger's seat, looking impatient.

"Then this is a roadtrip," I gave him a smug look, making my way inside the car after tossing my backpack towards the backseat.

"No, we're backpacking across the city."

"This is clearly a road-trip," I insisted, resting both of my feet on top of his car's compartment. "Because we could easily cheat and take more things and keep them in the car."

Harry started the car and glanced at me with a know-it-all grin. "I'm leaving the car at the gas station, and then we're walking from there."

It took us half an hour to get to the station, and when we finally did, we started our dreaded walkathon, as I would like to call it.

"I'm so cold, I feel like my ears are going to fall off," I shivered, wrapping my arms around my own body.

"You're exaggerating. It's barely even sixteen degrees and your sweater is thicker than my entire couch," Harry pointed out. He took his jacket off and draped it around me. "It'll be worth it once we get to the top of the mountain."

"I wish mountains had elevators," I muttered, dragging myself behind Harry.

Harry laughed and turned his snapback around, which made him look even cuter. "You never fail to amuse me, babe."

We spent the next two hours trying different kinds of food. I kept telling Harry it was a bad idea because I didn't want to end up having to use the bathroom in the middle of mountain climbing, but he kept saying 'This is the best' whenever we'd pass by a new restaurant or food booth. Apparently everything in this place was the best in his opinion.

I didn't even know they had all of these things in London. In fact, whenever I'd dream of Harry, I knew we weren't in London. It's just that whenever I'd ask him, that's what he would say. I guess that's how it is in your dreams. It's never really what it usually is.

The weather in London or wherever we were (dreamland, actually. I just refuse to think of it that way), was extremely weird and it was going to make me sick. At first we thought it was going to rain any second, and now the sun is pretty much toasting us alive in the middle of the road.