Chapter 53: Icy Birthday

A/N: Please read happily, comment, and vote! Happy reading, from your favorite author~

A I D E N

"Lover, wake up."

I felt a soft pair of lips against my cheek, and a gorgeous pair of blue eyes staring at my green ones. Sunlight shone through the open draped windows; thus hitting her pale skin, presenting an angel just above my face. The quiet, peaceful atmosphere around us made my wake up call even better.

"Hi." I smiled, running my fingertips through her platinum blond locks. She gave me a beam of her own, therefore making me slack jawed once again, just by that curl of her lips.

"What's the date today?" I almost mumbled, since I am a heavy sleeper. I slept quite well last night, especially by this woman's warmth beside me.

I used to wake up by the sound of Ronald barking out something that sounded like my father's demanding orders, and I used to groan every time I lift a muscle. Everyday used to be a day with pale thoughts and solemn faces. It's the word called "lifeless."

I can't imagine myself without this girl's presence. She makes my dull mood so colorful; every laugh she breathes out turns into a rainbow and every smile she forms is considered my life line.

"December twenty second, love." She replied, fixing her hair which is a bedhead. Hm, she makes a gorgeous bird's nest. Alright, kidding... She looks like a goddess.

Then my eyes suddenly widened.

"Hmm... Doesn't that date sound familiar to you, dear?" I asked with a mischievous grin of my own. A grin of her own began to form, and I gleefully scooped her up to my arms; smothering her face with sloppy kisses. She giggled as I did, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pressed my forehead against hers, whispering,

"Happy Birthday, snowflake."

Elsa chuckled, caressing my face, "Thank you. I don't feel any older, I merely turned twenty two years old."

I smirked, "Well, we celebrated my twenty second birthday last month too, and you made the best of it. I guess it's now my turn to ensure my lovely wife has the bestest one, too."

Elsa shook her head cutely, "No. You don't need to buy me a present or any expensive gift. I'm just thankful for your presence, that's all I want."

I kissed her hair, "Well, if you wish to spend the day stuck with me, then your wish is my command, my queen."

She gets off my lap, "I'm just going to go take a bath and change, alright? You go, too."

I nodded, planting a final kiss to her hand and letting her go, going to the other bathroom steadily, after preparing my own clothes to wear for the day.
____________________________________

Back to Normal Narration

"Happy birthday, Elsa." Agnarr greeted, pulling his daughter into one of his infamous bear hugs. Iduna smiled behind him, kissing her daughter's forehead right after her husband released her from the breath lacking embrace. Elsa blushed, pulling away.

Agnarr and Iduna smiled at her one more time before handing her two birthday presents, all packed a boxes and wrapped up and tied swiftly with a ribbon. Elsa thanked both of them with one more warm hug, then pulled away.

Another body crashed against hers as a familiar strawberry blond princess jumped out of nowhere and onto her back like a child, her arms wrapping around her sister's neck, "Happy birthday, Elsie!" She squeezed her tighter and pulled away. She took out a thin, rectangular box behind her, a familiar gold label on the front. She gave her gift to her sister who looked like she could burst in happiness after reading the label.

"My favorite chocolate brand!" Elsa gaped, then she hugged her sister's arm like an adorable Koala, whispering a very grateful thanks to her ear. Anna beamed and rushed back to Kristoff's side.

"Happy birthday, Ice bro." Kristoff grins, ruffling his sister in law's hair playfully, earning a mix of a scowl and a grin from the ice queen. He carefully took out a sloppily wrapped gift, smiling sheepishly, "Heh, don't mind the wrapping. It's a type of jewelry and I didn't know any other way to wrap it."

She hugged him lightly and gave him her thanks before returning beside Aiden, who gave her a long, passionate kiss on her lips, earning a massive AWWWWW! from Anna truly.

"Once again, my snowflake, happy birthday to you. I'll give you your present later..." Aiden pressed a chaste kiss to her hand. Elsa chuckled, "Didn't I tell you that you didn't need to get me anything?"

"Milady, you are worth every penny I spent." He smirked. Elsa tried to hide her blush, yet failed miserably since that handsome, roguish smirk on his face was too much for her to handle.

"You'll get to see it in one of the guestrooms, but first..." He turned to Anna with a pretty gleam in his eye. Anna proudly cleared her throat, speaking loudly, "Kai!" She whistled in a calling tone.

Kai arrived shortly after the princess's call, carrying a heavily frosted, two layered cake for the birthday celebrant. The cake's frosting is made from white milk chocolate, while its actual bread's flavor is milk chocolate. There are pale blue intricate snowflake decorations on the bottom layer, while there is a single lilac candle on the very top of the delicious delicacy.

Elsa's jaw dropped, completely not expecting it. Earning a laugh from her family. Olaf sprang out of nowhere (or was it Kai's back?) With a small guitar in twig hands, a bright blue bow hanging from his neck.

He began to strum after the entire family circled Elsa, singing softly.

Happy birthday, to you!

Happy birthday, dear Elsa...

Happy birthday, to you!

"Make a wish, snowflake." Aiden whispered.

Elsa smiled tearfully, before shutting her eyes and pausing for a while. She fluttered them open after finishing what she wished for, and blew the candle. Everyone clapped their hands in delight to see the emotional facial expression visible on the ice queen's face.

"I thought this is my birthday, not 'Gang Up On Elsa to Make Her Cry." Elsa joked and chuckled, wiping her tears with a hanker chief.

"Do you like our surprise, snowflake?" Aiden pressed a kiss behind her ear.

"Why wouldn't I? It's my best birthday ever." Elsa giggled.

"And it's about to get epic after you see what I turned the guestroom into." The fire king then pulled out a pale blue cloth, tied it up around her to cover her eyes, serving as a blindfold.

"You really have to blindfold me?"

"Yup." Aiden beamed, earning a helpless huff from his wife.

A/N: What could Aiden's present possibly be? Get ready for the next chapter! I hope you liked this one.