Chapter 11

Stiles is stuck on the couch for at least an hour with Derek laying over him, he quit whining at one point, but Stiles wasn't really paying attention. Now though, Derek won't let him out of eyesight. If Stiles goes out of eyesight they're back at square one, where Derek clings to him, whines, and won't let go.

Stiles is really tired of this, it's not like he was gone that long, and he's going to have to keep going to school. There's no way he's missing school until Derek is back to normal, that could take way longer than a couple weeks, plus the clinginess isn't good for either of them. They'll become to dependent on each other, and Stiles can't do that to himself or Derek.

Derek isn't a very touchy feely person, and Stiles doesn't want Derek to be so dependent on his touch that he has to force himself to allow Stiles' touches to just stay sane. To not go feral again, and it makes Stiles anxious. He doesn't want to make Derek uncomfortable, he doesn't want to make Derek have to become dependent. Stiles knows that Derek doesn't like being dependent on anyone.

Stiles thinks they need more time away from each other, but if this is how Derek acts when Stiles has only been away from him for seven hours, how would he manage more than that? Stiles really doesn't know what to do, the only thing he can think of is to ask Peter, but that makes him all the more weirded out. 

______________________________

The next day, Stiles heads over to the loft to drop Derek off before he heads to school. It's still only 7:30, but Stiles has to actually get Derek into the loft with Peter, and then ask Peter about the situation. Which could take longer than Stiles thought, as Derek won't move from the car.

He even goes as far as to growl at Stiles when he reaches towards him, which then makes him whine. Stiles really doesn't know what to do, could Peter just come down and help him already.

Sure enough, Peter comes out of the loft with a frown on his face. Derek is attached to Stiles' hip, and when he sees Peter, he growls loudly. Peter frowns harder at that, if possible, he heads for the Jeep all the same. Derek moves closer to Stiles and clings, with a steady rumbling in his chest, teeth bared at Peter.

"Hey Creeper Wolf, wanna help me detach him from me so I can make it to school?" Stiles states blandly, and Peter shakes his head with a small laugh.

"I'm pretty sure he'd bite me, especially if I was trying to remove him from you." Peter's eyes narrow at Derek.

Stiles sighs, and he nudges Derek who doesn't move. Stiles rolls his eyes and then opens the car door, but when Stiles goes to step out of the Jeep, Derek snarls and yanks him back. Stiles who isn't expecting it, chokes on the air in his lungs and frowns, not understanding how he's all of a sudden against Derek's chest further in the Jeep.

Peter looks a little bit panicked if how alarmed he looks is any indication, Derek growls and sticks his nose into Stiles neck. He rubs lightly at the spot there to scent mark him, and Stiles thinks maybe that's all he wanted to do, but Derek's arms tighten around his waist. Derek stares at Peter with a distrustful look and Stiles sighs again.

"Well, now you need to help me out here." Stiles directs at Peter, but Peter looks nervous to even step forward. "Peter. Would you please just do something, he's too dependent on me. If he keeps this up, by the time he's back to normal he won't be able to go a day without my scent." Stiles explains.

Peter frowns again, and stares hard at Derek, Stiles looks up at Derek for a second. Peter flashes red eyes at Derek in warning, and then slowly moves forward to reach for Stiles. Derek's lips are curling, but he doesn't move to snap at Peter's hand, that is now inside the Jeep, close to Stiles' arm.

Peter reaches slowly and grabs Stiles' wrist gently, he begins to tug Stiles closer to him, keep an ear on Derek's heart beat. Derek allows Peter to pull Stiles closer to him, until he's out of the Jeep, Peter doesn't really understand why. Derek follows Stiles out though, and almost drapes himself along Stiles' back with how close he is, Stiles stares at Peter with an annoyed expression and it makes Peter laugh, Stiles smacks his arm.

"Why are you laughing?" Stiles scowls and continues to smack Peter's arm. Peter laughs harder and tries to swat Stiles' hands away.

"I'm sorry, but, he, I can't." Peter laughs, and Stiles pouts at him.

"It's not that funny. Why are you even laughing?" Stiles pouts, and Peter snorts.

"Well, just, look at him." Peter motions at Derek and bursts out laughing again.

"Shut up." Stiles says, but he's smiling and Peter counts that as a win.

Stiles glances back at Derek and his smile widens. The wolf is definitely pouting, at least it appears he is. 

"We need to talk Peter." Stiles declares, and Peter raises an eyebrow at him.

"About what exactly?" Peter questions, with a curious look aimed at Stiles.

"Derek," Stiles states as if it's obvious, and Peter shakes his head. "His becoming too dependent on me, and it isn't a good idea for him to be, it will make things difficult when he's back to normal." Stiles explains, and Peter narrows his eyes.

"And what are you suggesting?" Peter raises an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"I'm sure you already know what I'm suggesting." Stiles smirks, and Peter shakes his head automatically.

"Absolutely not." Stiles frowns at him.

"Peter, you know how Derek is. He doesn't accept help, and if he returns to normal, but his wolf is used to being around me, it won't turn out good for either of us." Stiles sighs, and Peter scoffs.

"The last person he wants to be around while in that state is me." Stiles frowns.

"Let's go inside the loft. You guys really need to fix your relationship." Stiles walks past Peter with Derek hot on his heels.

"Tell that to your pet." Peter mutters with an annoyed expression.

"My what?" Peter jumps, Stiles has good hearing for a human.

"Nothing, nothing." Peter laughs.