Chapter 15

Stiles wakes slowly, he wakes with aches in his neck and along his spine. Derek has his head pillowed on Stiles' stomach, and is curled up on the floor. Stiles sighs and begins to sit up, but Derek's arms tighten and he whines softly, nuzzling into Stiles. Stiles looks around for Peter but doesn't see him, Stiles frowns wondering where Peter went. 

Probably to bed, what time is it even? When did he fall asleep? Stiles sits more upright and gently pushes Derek off him, he really needs to use the washroom and check the time. Hopefully his Dad isn't at home freaking out, then again his phone ringing, or buzzing would have woken him up, so Stiles doubts he is.

Stiles stretches and sighs when Derek's just reattaches himself to his waist. Stiles shakes Derek a little bit, and hopes that he will wake up. 

"Derek, Derek come on." Stiles nudges him again when he just lays there. Derek shuffles and then rolls on to his back to look up at Stiles. 

"Up you get, we gotta get ready to go home," Derek moves at the word home and stares at Stiles expectantly. "Yeah, yeah. We're gonna go, just let me use the washroom." Stiles realises this is a bad idea, he sighs again. 

Derek doesn't like when Stiles leaves him even if he's just using the washroom, but Stiles also refuses to let Derek come into the bathroom with him. He's not really sure how to go about doing this now.

"Alright, you gotta stay here buddy," Derek whines at that, causing Stiles to groan. "I know, but I gotta use the washroom before we go." Stiles tells him, like that will make a difference really. 

Stiles gets up and heads to the washroom, he tries to ignore the guilt he feels at hearing Derek whine outside the bathroom door, but he's also pretty sure that Derek can sniff it out. To reassure Derek he continues talking to him, which gets Derek's whining to stop at least. Stiles would feel pretty bad if he woke Peter, speaking of which he needs to check the time still. 

After washing his hands and opening the door so Derek can hear him, Stiles pulls his phone out while backing Derek back into the living room. Stiles is surprised to see it's not that late, their nap was only about twenty minutes. He still has time to run home and make supper for when his Dad should get home, there's no message telling Stiles he's staying at the station again.

Stiles still doesn't know where Peter is, but wonders why he didn't wake him up earlier. He decides to just leave him a text instead of exploring the loft and going places he shouldn't be.

'Hey Creeper Wolf. Not sure where you went but I'm gonna take Derek to my place so bye.'

Stiles shrugs and assumes that should be good. Stiles looks at Derek and smiles.

"Are you hungry Derek?" Stiles questions, Derek just cocks his head at him. "I'm starving." Stiles mutters. 

"You weren't going to say goodbye in person?" Peter's voice sounds from the stairs, Stiles jumps a little and turns to face him. 

"I wasn't sure where you were, didn't want to go roaming around, it's not exactly my place." Stiles rubs the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. Peter raises an eyebrow at him.

"Well, for future reference you are free to roam around as much as you like, especially if your just looking for me." Peter descends the rest of the stairs and grins sharply. 

"Oh, cool. Thanks for letting me know then." Stiles replies awkwardly, and then eyes Peter curiously. "Why didn't you wake me?" Stiles asks, Peter shrugs. 

"You looks tired when you came by, and it's not like Derek would let me close enough to wake you up. You also looked comfortable." Stiles nods along with this.

"Fair enough." He decides, he glances at Derek when he realises he isn't growling at Peter. "Hey! You guys totally bonded." Stiles grins, Peter raises an eyebrow at this and scoffs.

"He sat in a corner all afternoon, I hardly call that bonding." Stiles' grin doesn't falter.

"He's not growling at you right now." Peter sighs at this and looks down at Derek.

"If it makes the next visit easier than all the better." Stiles laughs softly, he turns to Derek.

"Did you hear that? Uncle Peter is excited to see you next time you visit." Stiles smiles when Derek just cocks his head again. 

Peter groans, "Alright, leave me to my peace and quiet now." He declares, and Stiles smiles.

"Can do, old man." Stiles winks and laughs when Peter gives him an astonished look.

"I am not that old!" Peter calls to Stiles' turned back, causing Stiles to laugh. He hears Peter muttering something under his breathe and laughs harder. It's fun to mess with Peter.

__________________________

Derek, Stiles realises has been pretty quiet since the whole whining when Stiles went to the washroom, Stiles is a little concerned. He doesn't want Derek to think he abandoned him with Peter and wasn't going to come back, but he doesn't want Derek to be dependent on him when the effects of the spell wear off. 

Regardless of his silent behavior, he sticks to Stiles like glue, it makes Stiles worried that his plan may be having the opposite effect than he wanted. He wants Derek to gain some independence before he changes back, that way his wolf isn't dependent on Stiles, he would never hear the end of it if he didn't do something. 

Stiles sighs, he doesn't really know how to fix this exactly, he just figures space between the two of them might help. Stiles should probably get started on dinner, but he isn't sure what Derek will do while he's busy making supper for them. Stiles wonders if he gives him a piece of clothing of his if that will help settle him a little bit. He might as well try, Stiles pushes lightly at Derek so that he can stand up, Derek whines a little but moves.

Stiles runs upstairs to his room quick and is relieved when he doesn't hear Derek following him. Maybe it's only when Derek can't hear Stiles that he freaks out, or maybe it's because Derek's comfortable in Stiles' house, Stiles really can't say. Stiles refocuses on digging through his closet, he has a couple shirts in here that he only wears when he hasn't done the laundry in awhile, but they sit in his closet so they must have his scent all over them. Just to be sure Stiles rubs it against his check and neck a couple times, feeling a little weird as he does it and heads down the stairs. 

He passes it to Derek, who's still sitting on the couch where he left him and laughs a little when he snatches it out of Stiles' hand and buries his nose in the fabric. Stiles had texted his Dad to make sure he was coming for supper, which he thankfully was. With Derek occupied with smelling his shirt, Stiles takes to the kitchen. He isn't too sure what to make yet.

If the shirt idea works though, maybe he can give him one when he goes to see Peter, if anything it will help calm him down. He'll have to ask Peter about it when he gets the chance, Stiles should probably see if it actually keeps him away from the kitchen, and for how long. Stiles sighs again, hopefully when Derek changes back he won't hate Stiles.

Well, more than he already does anyways. That would suck honestly, considering they've been pretty friendly to each other for awhile. Stiles really hopes Derek doesn't hate him after this.