Chapter 5

Stiles wakes up warm, he doesn't remember grabbing his thicker blanket last night, which makes him wonder why he's so warm. He turns his body and sees black hair and tanned skin, it doesn't click right away, and then he remembers that Derek's with him. Feral Derek, that seems overly attached to him for some reason.

Stiles moves onto his back, and Derek curls up on Stiles' chest, his ear right over Stiles' heart. Derek rumbles and nuzzles Stiles chest, before moving his face into the crook of his neck. Derek nuzzles into his neck too, and Stiles laughs because his stubble tickles Stiles' sensitive skin. Derek pauses and does it again, which causes Stiles to laugh, Derek rumbles happily.

He continues to tickle Stiles' neck until Stiles is a squirming mess, he tries pushing Derek's face away, but Derek just brushes his hands away.

"Derek." Stiles laughs. "Stop, it tickles." Derek doesn't stop and continues rumbling happily.

When he does stop it's because Stiles is wheezing and can't catch his breath, Derek backs away rumbling stopping immediately, staring at Stiles with brows furrowed. When Stiles catches his breath, Derek doesn't move closer to him, he continues to stare at him. Seeming confused.

"It's fine Sour Wolf. I'm okay." Stiles soothes, reaching out to touch Derek on the cheek. Derek leans into the contact. He whines almost like he's saying he's sorry for hurting Stiles, Stiles sighs and smiles softly at Derek, trying to assure him that he's alright.

Derek and Stiles lay there for a while, Derek not wanting to get up and Stiles unable to with Derek's weight against him. Derek is gentle though, makes sure that he doesn't crush Stiles with his weight, but slightly leans against him. Every time Stiles does try to get up, Derek's arms tighten around him and he growls softly, Stiles gave up trying to get up.

He really needs to use the bathroom now, and he squirms in Derek's arms, Derek fell back asleep awhile ago. Stiles quietly slips out from under Derek's arm and heads to the bathroom, he really hopes Derek doesn't wake up while he's gone, he might freak out.

Stiles goes downstairs after using the washroom, to see if Noah is up yet. Noah is sitting at the table coffee in front of him and reading through the town newspaper, when he sees Stiles he smiles.

"Good morning. Coffee is on the counter, it should still be warm." Noah informs and Stiles nods.

"Morning." He murmurs back, he goes to the counter and makes himself a cup of coffee. He doesn't like bitter coffee, and he's friends tell him that it's mostly just sugar in a cup.

The first time he had coffee it was way too bitter, when he had added three sugars plus sweetened cream, his Dad had raised an eyebrow at him. Otherwise, his Dad hadn't said anything, which actually surprised Stiles at first. But his Dad takes two sugars plus the sweetened cream, so Stiles guesses that's where he got his taste for sweet things.

There's a thud from upstairs and Stiles sighs, rubbing his eyes. There's a whine and then scratching at the wood, his Dad eyes the stairs before turning to Stiles and raising an eyebrow. Stiles sighs again and makes his way up the stairs, he goes to his room and opens the door slowly, he doesn't want to hit Derek with the door, Derek's whining on the other side of the door.

When it's fully open and Derek can see Stiles, he pounces on him. Stiles doesn't expect Derek to do that and he stumbles backwards, he falls with Derek and they land on the floor. Derek nuzzles into Stiles' neck whining, almost like he was worried Stiles was leaving him, Derek pushes against him and they fall back again.

Stiles is on his back, with Derek hovering over him, Stiles stares at him.

"Okay there bud." Stiles pushes against Derek's chest gently. "Derek, come on, let me up," Stiles whines. Derek doesn't budge. Stiles huffs and flops back, annoyed.

Derek sniffs Stiles body and Stiles quirks an eyebrow, not quite understanding what he's doing. When Derek's done sniffing Stiles, he places his head back into Stiles' neck and whines. Was Derek checking to see if he was hurt? That doesn't make sense though, Derek knows he's safe in the house with his Dad. 

Stiles wraps his arms around Derek's back slowly, wondering if maybe that's what Derek was worried about. That without Derek around, Stiles would get hurt, cause he isn't there to protect him. 

"Derek, I'm fine. I've been in the house the whole time." Stiles assures, rubbing Derek's back soothingly.

Derek growls softly, and Stiles flicks his nose softly. 

"Oh hush, I was perfectly fine." Derek scowls at him, and Stiles chuckles.

Stiles continues to rub Derek's back soothingly, Derek leans back into his hand, until Stiles' hand is buried in Derek's soft black hair. Stiles plays with Derek's hair and rubs at Derek's scalp. Stiles can hear his Dad coming up the stairs and he sighs softly.

"Stiles." Noah calls. Derek tenses but doesn't move otherwise. "Where are you?" Stiles sighs again.

"Over here Dad." Stiles calls, Derek moves closer to Stiles as Noah approaches, but he doesn't growl or flash his eyes.

Noah walks closer and spots them both on the floor, Noah raises an eyebrow, and frowns at Derek. Stiles just stares at him guilty.

"What in the world," Noah mutters. "Derek, would you mind getting off Stiles son?" Noah asks calmly, Derek glances up at the Sheriff, and does move. Stiles stares at Derek open mouthed, Derek's sitting back on his heels, but his eyes don't leave Stiles form.

Stiles scrambles up and faces his Dad, flushing slightly. Noah quirks a grin and moves forward to hug Stiles.

"I'm going to head out to work now," Noah informs and Stiles feels a bit sad that he couldn't spend some of the weekend with his Dad. "And you, be good." Noah points a firm finger at Derek as he says this, eyes narrowing.

Derek stares at him and tilts his head to the side, Noah laughs softly and ruffles Stiles' hair.

"I'll see you later kid." Stiles smiles and says that he'll be by at lunch to drop something off for him.