Chapter 9

They stay in the loft for awhile, because Derek refuses to let Stiles go. When they finally get into the Jeep, Derek stares at him and tries to crawl over to him, which doesn't work because of the seat belt he's wearing.

They arrive at the house and Stiles undoes Derek's seat belt, and almost as soon as he does, Derek is crowding against him and trying to press into him, he growls when Stiles tries to get out of the car, and won't let him.

So, they stay in the car until Stiles literally needs to go into the house, otherwise his bladder will explode, he gets Derek off of him by yelling a him. Which isn't the best, but Derek wouldn't get up otherwise, and Stiles was starting to get uncomfortable, not to mention he needed to use the bathroom. 

When they get into the house Stiles runs upstairs to use the bathroom, Derek follows closely behind him, and when Stiles closes the door on Derek, he whines. Derek whines loudly and actually walks into the door a couple of times, and only hearing Stiles' voice causes him to pause and stop running into the door, but if Stiles doesn't talk he goes back to whining and trying to break the door down.

Stiles comes out a little later and stares at Derek incredulously, but Derek pays it no mind and hangs off of Stiles like he's a coat hanger. Stiles grumbles all the way to his room, dragging Derek behind him, about how werewolves are super clingy and annoying, which makes Derek whine at him. Stiles sighs and just collapses on the bed with Derek, Derek curls around him and sticks his nose against Stiles neck, rubbing his nose along Stiles' neck before settling and closing his eyes.

They end up drifting off, with Derek curled around Stiles.

________

Stiles isn't sure dropping Derek off at the loft will work this time, but he can't miss school, so he gets Derek in the Jeep, and drives in that direction. When Derek sees the loft, he freaks out, he tugs at his seat belt and growls softly at Stiles. Stiles rolls his eyes and undoes Derek's seat belt once their parked, Derek cages Stiles between his body and Stiles' door, Stiles is not impressed.

"Derek, I need to go to school. Peter is inside waiting for you." Stiles explains trying to move, but Derek just growls and doesn't move from his position. 

"Derek!" Stiles snaps, and Derek whines but doesn't move. "I need to go, I'm going to be late." Stiles doesn't know why Derek is being so clingy, Stiles isn't even gone that long.

Derek whines at him and reluctantly gets up, Stiles sighs and gets out, Derek crawls from his seat into Stiles' to leave through his door. Stiles rubs his eyes in frustration, and then leads the way to the loft Derek follows cause it's not like he'd let Stiles be alone with another werewolf, especially one he doesn't trust. 

Stiles walks up the stairs at a slow pace, and Derek keep pace with him even though he could easily go faster than him and get there sooner. Stiles isn't sure what's happening, but he doesn't think it's good for Derek to only be spending time with just him, it might make him even more clingy than he already is.

Peter opens the door when they are standing outside it, and Derek growls lightly at him, Stiles just deadpans. 

"Couldn't have come out and helped me with him." Stiles asks, and Peter raises an eyebrow.

"I probably would've made it worse." Peter drawls, eyeing Derek suspiciously. 

Stiles shrugs, he is probably going to be late, and he really doesn't even feel like going to school. He's so tired, and all he wants to do right now is sleep, he nods at Peter, and then pushes Derek further into the loft before taking his leave.

Derek whines at his back, and tries to move forward to get to him, but Peter blocks the door, and flashes red eyes at him. Which causes Derek to growl even louder, Stiles isn't sure what the problem is, but he seriously can't be any more late than he already is.

"Just don't eat each other." Stiles jokes, and Stiles misses the smile Peter gives his back.

___________

Derek flashes blue eyes at Peter and growls nonstop, Peter is starting to regret flashing his eyes. It's not like he killed anyone for the power, well not really anyways, the Alpha was hurt and so Peter tried to help. The Alpha didn't seem to have a pack and was starting to go feral, she decided to give the spark to Peter, and in the ways of the wolf because she died while Peter was there tending to her wounds, so he got the spark. Even though he was just trying to help, he wondered if Stiles and Derek would join his pack, or if they'd try to kill him again.

"Derek enough." Peter demands, rubbing his head. Surprisingly, it goes silent, Peter looks up to see Derek tilting his head at him.

Derek stares at Peter, and Peter stares back. Derek's eyes are still blue, and they flash between wolf blue and his human green, Peter isn't sure how to go about this whole asking to be a part of a pack thing. The last time he did this he didn't ask, he bit without permission, and took what he thought was his. He wants to change this time, be different, and he really wants Stiles and Derek in his pack. 

He really wants to give them the life they deserve, not the lousy one that McCall has been giving them, with his black and white morals, and his good or evil. Peter wants a pack that loves him, and despite everything him and Derek have been through he really thinks they could work it out, and go from there. Stiles' heart is big enough to love anyone, as long as they deserve it, and Peter really wants to work to earn that love. 

He debates talking to Stiles about it when he comes to pick Derek up, but for now he wonders if he should approach Derek with the idea of joining his pack.