Chapter 19

Peter is a little unsure what to do with the information that Derek has regressed so much. It's not really unusual per say, but he's been making fairly good progress. Stiles believes it was caused when they separated them and Peter has to agree with that assessment. Derek had been doing fine and then Stiles had left him with Peter for a while, and suddenly he's going out eating rabbits?

Yeah, something about that doesn't sit right with Peter. It's also strange, the level of attachment Derek has formed with Stiles. It's not like they got along very well when Derek isn't feral so Peter can't understand why this level of attachment is so strong between them. Did his nephew secretly like Stiles and he hides it under lots of eyebrows and anger?

Peter honestly doesn't know what to do to help, Stiles will need breaks and in order to get rid of some of that attachment they also need to be seperated. But Derek is also in a very fragile state of mind right now and sticking him with Peter won't help him. Stiles' suggestion of starting out small is in fact beneficial, it'll allow them to monitor him and either decrease or increase Stiles' time away.

Peter sighs, why must his nephew be such trouble.

________________________

Stiles can't do anything around the house, the second he's not within Derek's touching range the wolf freaks out and comes sprinting through the house to attach himself to Stiles like a koala. On top of that, he's more prone to whining when away from Stiles for even a second, Stiles really doesn't want Derek in the bathroom with him. He gives up trying to do chores when it becomes too frustrating to do with a grown man clinging to him with every step he takes.

Stiles doesn't want to yell at Derek, it's clear he's going through some type of separation anxiety or something. Stiles yelling at him won't help, but it's so hard not to lose his patience. He decides instead of doing anything around the house that for now they'll just watch a movie. That way Stiles is in one spot and Derek can chill out about him moving anywhere.

Except even with Stiles just sitting there, it's still not close enough for Derek who decides at some point to climb into his lap and bury his face into Stiles' neck, knees on either side of Stiles' hips. Stiles is uncomfortable at first, but shifts until they're both comfortable.

The movie plays for awhile until Stiles realises that Derek's breathes are even and soft. He tries to move but gets a disgruntled growl for his trouble, Stiles legs are so numb right now and he's so uncomfortable, but he can't really move because Derek complains even in his sleep when he does, which is just plain unfair. Stiles sighs and begins shifting anyways, his legs need a break and his back is starting to hurt.

He's able to maneuver them until Stiles is laying down and Derek's on top of him. Derek nuzzles into his neck and settles back down. Stiles watches the movie and at some point both Derek's heat and weight lull him to sleep.

____________________

The wolf wakes to warmness, warmness and the smell of homepack, the wolf is laying on top of the boy. The wolf purrs happily, but tries not to move too much because the boy is sleeping and looks so peaceful in sleep. The boy smells peaceful and calm and all the wolf wants is to bask in this feeling forever. The feeling of safecontent, the wolf never wants to leave this boy that brings so much peace to the wolf.

Peace and love.

The wolf rumbles louder and can feel the content sigh echo through the boy's chest. The wolf nuzzles that chest and feels sleep teasing its eyes. It lets itself doze in the quiet with the boy. When the boy stirs the wolf does too, but the wolf is comfortable and doesn't really want to move, it's warm here with the boy. Warm and safe.

But the boy is shifting like he wants to get up and making these whining noises at the wolf. So the wolf gets up, even though the wolf really doesn't want to. The boy mumbles something the wolf doesn't understand and then gets off the couch and the wolf panics because where is he going, the boy is taking away the safewarm with him, the wolf whines. The boy sighs and says something else the wolf doesn't understand.

The wolf doesn't understand, why is the boy leaving. Did the wolf do something wrong? The boy wanders up the stairs and the wolf follows, the boy turns to him and points to a door. The boy shakes his head and points to the spot on the floor the wolf is sitting on, he makes a stay gesture and the wolf whines again.

The boy sighs again, saying something else the wolf again doesn't understand. The boy then dips into the room and the door closes. The wolf has a moment where it doesn't quite understand what happened and then it registers. The wolf whines loudly, the boy has left them.

What did the wolf do wrong? Should the human have control instead? The wolf whines louder and wishes the boy would open the door. The wolf wishes he understood human language. Before the wolf can think much else, the boy is there, staring down at him and smiling. He says something the wolf still doesn't understand and the wolf slowly presses forward. It nudges into the boys legs and whines again.

When the boy reaches out to ruffle the wolfs fur, the wolf is so happy it purrs. The boy says something with a smile and the wolf tries to mimic it. The wolf isn't sure he doesn't it right, especially when all the boy does is stare down at the wolf like he isn't sure what he face he should be making in return. Is the wolf maybe baring its teeth instead of smiling? The wolf isn't sure, but the boy doesn't correct it.

The wolf nudges the boys legs again to try to push him toward the couch again. The wolf wants the warmsafe feeling back, the boy allows it and the wolf preens. The boy is kind to them, the wolf isn't sure why his human treated this boy so poorly, that receives a grumble from his human but not much else.

Now that the wolf is thinking about it, his human has been fairly quiet, it wonders what's going on with his human. But then the boy is there and the wolf figures it will know later and snuggles into the boys side.

His human can stay away or come back whenever as long as the wolf can enjoy the boys presence like this more often.