Chapter 52: Our Past Selves

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲."
- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐲

A/N: In this chapter, Elsa and Aiden will discover each other's past selves, and I assure you, learning each other's past lifestyle is not a nightmare to be terrified of. The past is what shaped you to the one you are today, because mistakes aren't scary. They're just lessons to warn you to do your best to avoid them next time.

Anyways, you can also connect this chapter to the poem I made from my poetry book "Just Some Poems" That has a table of contents on the description. You can see the title "The Life I Dreaded." A poem that I composed dedicated to Aiden, about what life used to look like for him. And I'm just going to go straight to the point, his life back then isn't pretty. It's as painful as Elsa's, although Elsa's is more silent and concealed, while his is visible to every corner he goes.

I hope you guys don't find this boring, I know you all like the fluff and romance in this book and also the comedy, but I want both of them to know and learn each other more. Deeper, and more into the soul.

Happy reading~
______________________________________

Conceal, don't feel.

Where did that mantra came from? The fire king had never hear his wife say it. Anna had told him countless times during in one of their hearty talks that the Elsa he got to know and love was a different person compared to the woman she was many years ago.

The bubbly princess shifted from one happy tone to a melancholy one, energy draining from her eyes as she spoke about the silent pain and the shutting of doors during those Thirteen years where they seemed like the best of friends, then strangers the next day.

Here he was, clearly knowing that this is a dream. He knows full well that in reality his wife is sleeping peacefully tucked in his embrace, her heartbeat thumping next to his own, his nose and warm breath against her platinum blond hair.

But the eight year old little girl right now in his own scenery of dream scape...

He could see the visible horror in her icy blue eyes as she witnessed what she had done to the five year old lying in her arms; a streak of white encasing a strand of her hair.

The ice rink beneath the two siblings intensified its solid touch, the snowman on the other side of the room crumbling to pieces with the other hills of snow.

The scene faded away, replaced with a platinum blond haired eighteen years old crown princess, standing before a mirror.

Her facial expression consisted one of fear, tears running down those not so visibly freckled cheeks he loves to kiss so much, her gloved hand clutching the other after drifting her gaze towards the heavily frosted mirror.

"I'm sorry Anna," she grimaced, squinting her eyes as she softly spoke with horrid pain, "This is the monster I have to hide from you."

Aiden gasps faintly, while the scene again, crushed into a thousand shards and swiftly turned into a new one, the one that might be too triggering to his heaving chest.

"What did I ever do to you?!"

"Enough Anna.."

"No! Why, why do you shut me out?! Wh-Why do you shut the world out? what are you so afraid of?!"