Chapter 4 -The Idea-

Reva POV

       I've been sitting in this hospital room for hours. And Dominic still hasn't moved. I don't particularly mind to be honest. It's nice to have company even though we don't talk. I've fallen into a contemplative state it seems. I'm not sure what I should do. I was not planning on surviving the concert, and it appears that I won't get another chance to try again for a long time. I know that the hospital probably won't just let me go now that they know about my mental state. I could always fake recovery? But even then building up a healthy facade would take time.
       I'm severed from my thoughts when I hear a voice.
       "Why did you do it?"
Dominic is staring at me from his chair. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion.
       "Excuse me?"
He leans forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his knees.
       "I saw the pills. I know what happened. So, I'm asking you. Why. Did. You. Do it."
I inhale slowly through my nose and tilt my head. He seems like he genuinely wants to know, his deep green eyes searching mine. Well, I guess there isn't any reason not to tell him. He will pity you. Right. Then I'll just give him a half truth.
       "I don't have anything to live for."
He blinks at me. He looks confused, so I continue. "I don't have any friends or family that would be sad if I'm gone. I get nothing out of being alive. There's no reason not to kill myself, and I would finally find peace. So I tried. But I guess it wasn't meant to be." I end with a shrug.
       Dominic leans back in his chair, exhaling, his eyes never leaving mine. He opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by the door opening. A doctor walks in, glancing at Dominic before continuing to my bedside.
"We removed all traces of the medicine from your system so physically, you should be fine in a few days. However, you have an unstable mental state." I roll my eyes. No shit Sherlock. "I'm going to ask you some questions about your current lifestyle so we can decide the best course of action to take." Her eyes dart back to Dominic for a split second. "It is in your best interest to tell the truth, so if you would like him to leave, we can remove him."
Dominic tenses up. I shrug at the doctor to signal that I don't care. Dominic seems to relax a little. I notice the doctor's name tag: Dr. Kari Rubino. Dr. Rubino pulls out a clipboard and pen.
"Where do you currently reside?"
"3576 OceanView Avenue."
"Do you live with anyone?"
"No."
The questions went on until she asked the question I had been dreading.
"Who are your parents? And where are they?"
I struggle to appear calm.
"My father is Scott Fowler and my mother is Julie Fowler. They are both dead."
I see Dominic look at me from the corner of my eye. Dr. Rubino looks at me with pity.
"When did they pass away."
I clench my fists.
"About ten years ago."
There is silence in the room. I can sense the doctor and Dominic doing the math in their heads, realizing that both died on the same day, and that I wasn't even 10 years old.
"And who did you live with after they died?" Dr. Rubino asks cautiously. Shit. I guess they'll find out eventually.
"I was put into foster care and after six years I ran away."
       If I'm being honest, it was kind of amusing to see the way my statement shocked them. I shoot a glance at Dominic but look away when I realize he's staring at me. I lean back in my bed and wait for the doctor to move on. After what felt like hours Dr. Rubino cleared her throat and spoke.
       "Well it seems that you're lifestyle isn't suitable to rehabilitate from an incident like this. If you don't have any friends or family to stay with while you recover, you will be sent to a specialized hospital that can take care of you."
Bullshit. Those "specialized hospitals" aren't going to do anything, they're just going to give me some crap medication and wait for me to lose my mind. There isn't really much I can do about it though. Running away is pointless now that they know my address. I sigh in defeat. Looks like they won.
"What if I take her?"
The doctor's head and mine flip around to find Dominic now standing in front of his chair. The fuck?
Dr. Rubino looks at him dubiously.
"And how exactly do you know Ms. Fowler?" Oh yes, do tell.
"We're... friends." Dominic states with as much confidence as he could have, telling a lie. Maybe it isn't a lie though? Shut up you just met him. The doctor purses her lips skeptically, but doesn't shut the idea down like I had expected her to.
"And do you have a stable home environment that would be suitable for a patient with multiple mental disorders?"
Jesus, you make me sound insane! Well, you kind of are... Hush.
"The performance she was at was the last of my tour, so I'll be staying at a house in L.A. for a while." Dr. Rubino nods thoughtfully at his words. She isn't actually considering this is she?
Dominic looks back at me, his foot tapping in the linoleum floor. I narrow my eyes and give him a suspicious look. The corners of his mouth twitch up as he looks back at the doctor.
Cocky bastard. Sexy though. Oh my god, just go away. You love me!
I snap back to reality when I hear the doctor say those dreaded words. "I think your idea just might work. I'll have you fill out some papers so we can finalize it."
As Dominic walks out the door, he turns back and gives me a wink.
Shit.