Chapter 3 -The Panic Attack-

Reva POV

       No

Nonononono! This can't be happening I thought it would work it was going to work I had it all planned how did this happen-

       I'm alive. I'm in a hospital. I start to hyperventilate. Someone is in the room with me. I can't see them very well and it's only then that I realize tears are streaming down my face. When was the last time I cried? The mysterious person- a man I'm assuming from his build- is leaning over me, hands flitting around like is isn't quite sure what to do. Ha. Me neither.
       I glance down at my body and quickly look away. I have tubes and needles stuck in my arms and stomach. I start shaking. The last time I was in a hospital was ten years ago. Everything is washing over me in waves and the force of the memories are racking my body with sobs.
       I still sense the man's presence by my side, but suddenly I feel long arms wrapping around me. I start thrashing around, trying to escape, but his arms just tighten their hold. My breath is coming in uneven short bursts as I feel the man shift his weight onto the bed. I'm not sure what he's doing but then I feel his chest against my back, positioning himself behind me so as not to disturb the tubes.
       I close my eyes and try to slow my heartbeat, measuring my breaths in time with his. In a few minutes my breath is shuddering out at an almost normal pace. A warm burst of air tickles my neck.
       "Are you okay now?"
I tense, realizing the awkward position we're in. My defenses immediately go up like they always do. My voice sound cold even to my own ears as I respond.
      "I'm fine, you should have called a doctor." The man quickly slides out of the bed and stands next to it, lips pressed in a thin line.
       Now that my tears have dried I can clearly see his face. My eyes curiously skim his features, observing his emerald eyes and dark hair. Suddenly I realize who I'm looking at. No fucking way. "Shouldn't you be at your concert?" His face morphs in surprise but quickly shifts back to a neutral expression.
       "Well, technically love, my concert ended about five hours ago." His deep accent somewhat startled me, never having heard him talk plainly before. I scan his outfit and realize that he's still wearing the same thing he was when he was on stage.
       "Why are you here?" I ask bluntly. I've never seen the point in dancing around questions before asking them. Frankly, I don't ask a whole lot of questions to start with.
       Dominic Harrison scratches the back of his neck, now looking a little nervous. I raise an eyebrow.
       "Well, after you um... passed out? I came with you in the ambulance."
       "Why?"
       "I wanted to make sure you were okay."
I give him a blank look but don't ask questions.
       "Well, I'm fine."
He raises an eyebrow at me. I stare back with a neutral expression.
"Okay, that's good." He doesn't leave the room. In fact, he sits down on a chair in the corner, getting comfortable. This time I'm the one to raise an eyebrow. He just smirks and leans back. Fine. Two can play that game.