Chapter 6 -The Medication-

Over 200 views wtf guys thank you so much! 🖤🖤

Reva POV

After I explored my new room, Dom left me so that I could "freshen up." I decided to take a shower. On the way here we had stopped at a pharmacy so I could get whatever toiletries I needed for the night. I took out the charcoal shampoo I normally use, along with a body wash I had decided to get because it smelled like the wind. (Don't ask, I know it's weird, but it's my book so fuck off.)
After showering I realized that I didn't have pajamas. So, instead of wearing a towel to go ask Dom for some, I put on my old clothes because I'm not fucking stupid, and that would be asking for trouble.
I peek out the doorway and mentally curse myself for not asking before. This house is too big to know where anything is. I sigh and start walking up and down the hallways. Eventually I get tired of this, seeing as there is no way to know what is behind all of the doors, and I'd rather not barge into one and find a half naked Dom. No thank you, I wouldn't be able to unsee that.
       "Dom!" I yell. I hear a door open to my left and turn that way. Dom is walking towards me with a confused look.
       "What's wrong? Do you need something love?" He asks worriedly. My lips twitch at the nickname but I decide to let it slide.
       "Yeah, I realized that I don't have pajamas. Is it okay if I wear something of yours for tonight?"
He puts on his ever present smirk and says, "Of course love. Although, if you wanted to wear my clothes you could have just asked."
"Fuck that, just give me some clothes please," I respond testily. He snorts and motions for me to follow him. He tells me to wait in the hall as he goes into what I assume is his bedroom to get some clothes. I examine the walls as I wait. I tend to observe things a lot. Even when I was a child I was never social. I preferred watching the other children live their happy lives. No, I wasn't a stalker, I just found it fascinating how big small problems seemed to them. For them, getting a bad grade in a test was upsetting because they would be grounded at the worst. I was scared of bad grades too, but not for the same reasons.
       Bringing a bad grade home was like bringing a ticking time bomb into the house. I knew that is was only a matter of time before it would blow up in my face. I'd show my parents and they'd be disappointed of course. Most parents are. That's normal. What's not normal is how it always came back to haunt me. How the grades would be shoved in my face as a way of reminding me how useless I am.
       But I could never do anything about it. He never hurt me, not physically. I couldn't call the police. What would I tell them? "Officer, my dad was mad about my bad grade and told me I was stupid." Obviously it's questionable for a parent to insult their kids, but it's not breaking the law. People only ever seem to acknowledge the "real" wounds. He was careful not to do that though. He knew he couldn't hurt me physically. So he did it mentally. A constant loop of anger, disappointment, insults, and false apologies. How do you know an apology is real? If the same mistake isn't made again.
       His apologies were never real.

~*~*~*~

       Dom comes out of his room with a bundle of clothes under his arm.
       "These were the smallest I could find," he tells me. "They'll probably still be too big but they should be fine until you can get your own." I simply nod and take them from him. He bites his lip nervously and opens his mouth again. "The doctor gave me some medicine that your supposed to take about now." Ha. I turn around and start walking back to my room.
       "Reva! I need to give you the medicine!" He calls, jogging up to stop in front of me. I stare him down.
       "I am not going to take the medicine." He sighs at my words like he was half expecting them. Dom places his hands on my shoulders, and I flinch a bit, but he doesn't let go. "Reva," he says softly. "I know you don't want to take it. I know you don't think it will help. But you need to try. If it doesn't work, you can stop. But please try." His green eyes pierce into my grey ones and I rub my face with my hands to avoid them. His hands are warm weights on my shoulders, holding me steady.
       "Fine," I mumble. He immediately lights up and starts bouncing.
       "Perfect! You know I wrote a song called Medication. Want to hear it? Or I guess you probably have heard it. You were at my concert and all. But we can play it while you take your pills! Or is that weird?" His rambling speech is all strung together and I give him an amused look.
       "Well, I can't take my meds if I don't have them," I state, holding my hand out. He digs in his pocket for a second before pulling out an orange bottle. I let out a dry laugh at the way it looks. It's like they want me to try again. Fucking dumb asses. Dom seems to realize the resemblance as well and tenses. I sigh and grab the bottle from his hands.
       We walk together to the kitchen. I'm guessing he wants to be there to make sure I don't use more than I should. Smart kid. The kitchen is fancy as fuck, just as I had expected. Dom opens a cabinet and pulls down a cup, silently filling it with water. I reach to grab it but he says, "Hold on," and fishes his phone out from his pocket. Music starts playing from its small speaker.
*you can play the music here*
Doctor says, that I'm so lonely.
A mistake on the painting of my family.
But that big smudge, is what I love.
Give me a grenade and I'll tape it to my face.

I raise my eyebrow but down all my prescribed pills at once with a gulp of water. Yup. I'm a pro. Dom starts dancing around the kitchen, singing along with the lyrics and I smile a bit at his foolishness.
       "I'm going to change into these clothes. Is there a bathroom down here?" I ask. He point to a room off of the kitchen, still dancing. I close the door to the small bathroom and unfold the clothes. There's a large grey hoodie and a pair of boxers which I assume are both his. I change into them and put my hair up in a bun.

I walk back into the kitchen barefoot and Dom is just now finishing his song

I walk back into the kitchen barefoot and Dom is just now finishing his song. When he turns around and sees me his eyes widen a bit and his gaze travels down to my exposed legs. Ooh, he's checking you out. He's a male and he can see my legs. Of course he is.
       Eventually he gulps and turns around. I shake my head in exasperation and walk over to him.
       "I'm going to bed now Dom. Goodnight," I say. Before I can leave though, he pulls me in for a quick hug and whispers,
       "Sweet dreams Little Raven," before walking away.

~*~*~*~

       Lying in my new bed, I stare at the ceiling, waiting for my brain to go to sleep. I count the branches on the tree, the lights on the branches, and the breathes that I take. As my thoughts fade out and my eyes close, I fall asleep to the image of green eyes.