Chapter 22 - Ferris wheels and teddy bears

Start from the beginning

Y/N slowly nodded her head. There are many things she's scared of, but heights are definitely on top of that list. And so dangling mid-air really high up in the sky in some cabin really wouldn't be her favorite thing in the world either. But... seeing how Lauren's eyes legit lit up in excitement the moment she saw the Ferris Wheel, her heart just went s o f t.

"W-we can go if you want?" Y/N offered, her conscious self would regret the shit out of this once they're up there, but right now, she just wants to see the brightness in Lauren's eyes again. She knew that the raven-haired girl would always go on a Ferris Wheel whenever she's at an attraction park with her family, it's almost kinda like a tradition, so... yeah.

The raven-haired girl looked at her unsurely. "Are you sure? You really don't have to--"

"I'll survive. I'd probably just look at you the entire ride though."

It's just acrophobia, she'll be fine... right?

"Okay," Lauren said excitedly before pulling Y/N to stand in the queue. It felt like she's channeling in her fetus self again. The last few times she went to an attraction park was with her friends, and usually they'd just think the Ferris Wheel is too boring so it's a common skip for them. Going back for a ride on one of these now and even with someone that means a lot to her just makes this all more special to her.

The queue was pretty fucking long, so waiting was a lot of fun. But since they've already gone on the majority of the rides they wanna go on anyway, they just decided this was worth the wait.

Noticing that they have a long way to go, an idea popped up in Y/N's head. "I think I'm gonna buy something to drink. You want something too?"

Lauren just shook her head with a smile.

"Okay, you just wait in the line. I'll be right back." And with that, she just sprinted away. Honestly, the raven-haired girl could think she's ditched on the ride, so she gotta make it fast.

Few moments later, Y/N found herself by the basketball booth again, going for her now-sixth try. She might have not won the big teddy bear yet, but she's definitely getting there, and also two new keychains and four regular-sized bears richer.

Finally, on her ninth try, she managed to score in 20 points in a row, letting her choose from one of the almost life-size teddy bears. It would've been so much easier if the scores actually build up like normal ones do, but finally.

She practically tripped her way to her car with how fast she was running before sprinting her way back to the Ferris Wheel.

Luckily, the queue still had some way to go before it was their turn. Lauren raised her eyebrows at her date's return. "Did you run back here?"

"Yeah, I thought it would be our turn now. I feel like I just run the marathon," Y/N puffed out, still trying to catch her breath. "I'm not late or anything, right?"

The raven-haired girl chuckled at her. "We still have these people to go," she said, nodding towards the row of people standing in front of them.

They talked about everything and nothing for a while and not long after, they found themselves sitting in one of the many cabins on the Ferris Wheel.

Y/N looked visibly shaken up as the cabin slowly moved upwards. She was just sitting very stiff. Lauren, who was sitting on the opposite side of the cabin, leaned forward to grab the Y/E/C-eyed girl's hands in hers. She ran her thumb over the back of her hand in a comforting way, somehow really calming the girl down a little.

"Just look at me, okay?"

Y/N hesitatingly looked up from this spot she's been staring at since the start of the ride, to look at Lauren. The warmth of those dark brown eyes made her relax a bit more, slowly melting away her anxiety.