Chapter 23 - Joining the fam

Narrator's POV

"Alright, here's your stop," Y/N announced as she killed the engine, parking the car right in front of the Cimorelli household.

Today, they went on another date together and now she was just bringing Lauren home from it. Both of them have lost count to how many dates they've had these past couple of weeks. The chemistry is definitely there and both also knew that they were falling pretty hard for each other, the only reason why they haven't started officially dating yet is because neither of them has dared to ask the question yet.

Lauren leaned over and pressed a lingering kiss on Y/N's cheek, leaving the Y/E/C-eyed girl a big grin on her face when she pulled away again.

They stayed in the car for another moment, neither of them wanting to leave yet.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the window. They both averted their gaze from each other and saw a younger Cimorelli standing by Y/N's side of the door. Consequently, she rolled down the window.

"Christian? What are you doing here?"

Her little brother just nodded back at their house and that's when they noticed that Lauren's entire family was spying on them through the windows. "Mom and dad want to invite you over for dinner."

"Oh. Uhm..." the Y/E/C-eyed girl dragged out as she glanced back at Lauren. She just got a shrug, so she turned back to the kid. "Sure."

"Cool. Don't take too long 'cause I'm getting hungry," Christian said before walking away from the car and back to their house.

The words left Y/N blushing a little. She looked over at Lauren and raised her eyebrows. "Should I be scared for the dinner?"

The raven-haired girl took off her seat belt and turned to sit sideways on her seat before draping her arms around her date's neck. She gave her an assuring smile. "You'll be fine. It's just dinner."

"Yah, with your 10 siblings and your parents."

Lauren saw her point and leaned forward to peck her lips. "They can be a little overwhelming and loud sometimes, but I'm gonna make sure they behave, okay?"

Y/N just nodded as she connected their lips in another small kiss. "Okay."

That kiss and that little pep talk were all the mental preparing the Y/E/C-eyed girl needed. Carefully getting out of the car, both of them walked into Lauren's house. The door was already open for them and standing by the entrance was her parents.

"G-good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Cimorelli," Y/N managed to choke out as she stuck an awkward hand out for them to shake.

Lauren's parents looked at each other before burst out laughing. "No need to be so civil, we don't bite. Just call us Mike and Lynne," Mike said as Lynne pulled the still-nervous girl into a hug.

"So you're the infamous Y/N that Lauren's always talking about. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, ma'am."

Lynne gave her a pointed look for still being so polite but just chuckled.

And soon, everyone was huddled together by the dinner table and eating. Y/N was sitting next to Lauren, right across from her was Dani and then next to Dani was Lisa. And for the first couple of minutes that they've started eating, she constantly felt the brunette's gaze on her.

"So are you two dating right now?"

The Y/E/C-eyed girl froze on that question and almost choked on her food. She cleared her throat slightly and turned to look at the general direction of where the question came from. Not gonna lie, she didn't even know who asked it. "No, not yet."