Chapter 9 - "Isn't there something you wanna ask me?"

Narrator's POV

It's been a couple of days since that incident in the girls' locker room and since... Lisa found out that she had wrongly accused Y/N of hurting her sister.

She really should be apologizing to the Y/E/C-eyed girl for that, and she should even be thanking her for being there for her sister over and over again, but... she just simply doesn't have the guts to.

When she accused Y/N of some wrongdoings, she also claimed that she did it because she liked her, and... well, Y/N denied everything but that part. Which means that there is a high possibility that she does, in fact, like her.

And that is giving the brunette a lot of mixed feelings.

Whenever she thinks about the chance of that being true, she'll feel her heartbeat going through the roof and feel her cheeks heat up even. But at the same time, being gay is a sin. Simple as that.

Okay, her sister might be bisexual, but she's her sister, and she'll just love her no matter what. This is different. First of all, she can't be gay herself, and secondly, the fact that she can accept her sister doesn't mean she can accept anyone else's sexuality too. Besides, Y/N was merely a friend to her, she shouldn't feel bad about being kinda disgusted over it and wanting to keep her distance.

But then again, she does feel bad about it.

She doesn't know why but the way Y/N just looks at her, her eyes filled with so much sadness, disappointment and innocence... it just gives her a sinking feeling in her chest.

-

"Hey."

Y/N looked up surprised at that voice and saw that indeed Lisa had sat down across from her.

"Hi," she breathed out, the astonishment still clear in her tone.

They were having art class now and since it's the first period of the day and the bell hasn't rung yet, everybody was just kinda doing their own thing.

Lisa glanced down on her lap and let out a sigh. "I'm really sorry. You were just looking out for my sister and I didn't know that. Normani said that you did it for the attention, and I just blindly believe that everything she said... I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Y/N gave her a small smile and shrugged. "You're just protective over your sister, I get it."

The brunette slowly nodded her head. "Okay, cool."

Y/N studied her for a little while, but there was nothing else. Lisa didn't bring up the thing that she expected her to talk about nor did she look like she has any intention to leave. They were both just simply looking at each other.

"Isn't there something you'd wanna ask me about?" Y/N asked carefully. She knew she'd regret bringing it up but this might be her best shot.

Lisa bit her lip unconsciously before shaking her head. "No, what would it be?" She knew exactly what she was referring to and admittedly, the thought of her saying it out loud was already making her heartbeat go absolutely crazy.

The Y/E/C-eyed girl took a deep breath. "I--"

And with the perfect timing, the bell rang, cutting her sentence off.

Both of them just silently looked at each other before Lisa stood up from her seat and made her way back to her usual one.

They were sitting pretty much on the opposite ends of the classroom, but coincidentally that also made them have a perfect view on the other. And throughout that entire period, they just kept stealing glances at each other.