~The project.~

~Annie's POV~

  I was sitting in the culinary class when Johnny sat next to me. I didn't know he was in the class, oh he wasn't he just changed his schedule to be here. I tried to ignore him and hoped that he wouldn't talk to me.

  "So do you have a date to the winter formal?" He asked me in a low voice.

  "Its none of your business." I replied looking back at my paper as I was taking the starter notes.

  "Are you going with Asher?" He asked

I looked at him. "Like I said its none of your business." I snapped feeling annoyed.

  Before he could reply class started and we were working as the teacher talked. I looked at the clock as five minutes remained, we all began to pack.

  "Ah nope, today will be the beginning of your projects. You will be partners with the person you are sitting next to" The teacher explained as she was writing down. "You and your partner will be making one recipe out of this list." She pointed to the list on the board. "Of the 15 most difficult desserts to make. Now as I come around with your grading rubric I want you to decide which dessert you and your partner plan on doing."

  I looked at the list and picked the one that wasn't too easy but that also wasn't to hard, by description. I just didn't want to spend to much time with Johnny.

  "Okay what will you two be doing?" Mrs. Garafle asked us.

  "Baklava"

  "Tiramisu"

  We both said at the same time. Everyone looked at us.

  "Baklava" Johnny smiled up at the teacher. She nodded and wrote it down.

  "Are you serious?" I asked looking at Johnny as he wrote it down in his note book. "You picked the hardest dish!"

  "Yes, Yes I did." He replied with a smile. He rolled his eyes. "We have a week to master the dish before we have to present it."

  "Oh bring enough for the class because we will all be trying it." Mrs. Garafle announced as the bell rang.

  I glared at Johnny and left angry. "Annie!" He followed me. "Slow down!" He was probably trying to get past everyone. "Why are you mad?"

  I turned around and glared at him. "You chose the hardest one!" I told him. "How are we gonna do that? You have hockey practice and I have work! We'd be working on it at 8!"

  "Oh.." He said.

  "I gotta get to class." I said and walked away.

~Johnny's POV~

  She was right we would barely have anytime to work on it since she would be at work and I would be at practice. We both got out at seven but still that was late, then my dad would be wondering why I was coming home so late.

  I went straight to the Cafe that Annie worked at Asher was already in talking to her and helping her clean. I went in getting their attention.

  "Come on Annie lets go make some desserts." I smiled.

  "Oh Asher was going to give-" I cut her off before she can finish.

  "Come on we only have at least two hours to master the dough." I said "just come will you?"

  "Go I'll catch you tomorrow." Asher smiled.

  "Umm.. Okay.."

   Annie went into the back while Asher and I walked out, he pulled a cigarette towards his lip.

  "She hates smoke." I muttered.

  "I just have it inbetween my lips." He answered "I'm sorry about Annie."

  "No Asher if you were sorry you wouldn't have done it!" I told him, just then Annie came out.

  I ignored Asher and we went to my car. At Annie's house she pulled out all the ingredients.

  "Please tell me, you don't having feelings for Asher." I suddenly said. Annie looked at me confused. "The feelings I have for you."

  "..." She looked at the flour and shook her head. "Johnny, he's just a friend."

  "Good." I nodded. I smiled to myself happy that she told me, I'm glad to hear that from her and I believe her.