~Falling in love is one thing.~

~Johnny's POV~

  Bzzzt Bzzzt

  I peeled my eyes open Annie was still in my arms. Did it smell like toast? Annie must have smelled it too becausd before I knew it she pulled away and was on the floor.

  "Geez Annie" I sighed poking my head out from the couch, she looked up at me.

  "I'm hoping that you two just cuddled on my couch." Ms. LeBlanc's voice said.

  Annie quickly sat up making our head crash into each others. We both groaned.

  "Mom" Annie whined as she rubbed her forehead.

  "We fell asleep as soon as you left ma'am" I answered rubbing my temple where she hit. "I'm sorry, I should have gone-"

  "I was joking Johnny" She smirked and leaned back on the wall behind her. "Breakfast is ready for you two."

  She turned on her heel leaving us in the livingroom. "You okay?" I asked Annie holding her face in my hands.

  "No" She groaned "You have a thick skull thats for sure"

  I chuckled "You still like me." I smirked teasingly.

  "Come on. Lets have breakfast." She held out her hand. "Well? Aren't you gonna help me up?"

  A smirk danced on my lips as my eyebrow raised. "What? Now you want my help."

  She smirked back "What? Now you don't want to help?"

  I took her hand and helped her up. We enjoyed breakfast with her mom, who made it. Ms. LeBlanc soon left for work, I turned on my phone to see missed calls from the guys on the team.

  "Shit." I muttered.

  "Whats up" Annie asked.

  "I maded plans and now everyones trying to contact me." I told her setting my phone on the counter.

  "You can go." She said taking our dishes to the sink and washing them.

  "Nah, I'll just cancel and we-" She looked at me. "What? We were just gonna sit around Hayden's house anyways."

  "Just go. I'm going out with friends anyways." Annie told me.

  "O..Oh" I frowned "I thought we could hang out."

  I watched as she frowned and looked at me, her eyebrows knitted together. "Johnny, you not that meant nothing right?"

  "What do you mean it meant nothing?" I asked her and jokingly smirked. "I thought you were actually starting to like me."

  "I wad tired and well I didn't want you to get hurt." she explained. "I don't like you I just care about your well being."

  I looked into her eyes feeling like I had just been punched right in the stomach. She looked like she wanted to apologize.

  "I mean we just met, before this you didn't even know I existed." She continued.

  "Oh yeah" I answered with a shrug. "I know it doesn't mean anything but you do like me as a person right?"

  "Yeah of course." She nodded

  I faked a smile and ruffled her hair. "Great so we're friends."

  "I don't want, nor do I need friends." I watched as she turned around going back to the dishes. "People are cruel, no matter what.."

  I had my hand hovering over her shoulder, wanting to comfort her but something stopped me. I pulled away and went back to my spot at the table.

  Annie let me shower in her brother's bathroom and I changed. I always had a change of clothes incase I didn't want to go home. She was picked up first but I left at the same time as she did.

  "You're late!" Austin said as I walked in and saw Kenzie with others.

  "I was with Annie, just a bit for the interview." I explained and sat as far away from Kenzie as possible.

  "Did she throw herself at you?"

  I looked over to see Matt. Something about his stupid smirk made me clench my fist. "No." I answered "And I know she didn't throw herself at you." I spit out walking over to him.

  "Woah chill John" Hayden stopped me. He started pushing me out. "We're gonna go get food."

  Hayden pushed me out of the basement door and I went upstairs. The car ride was silent as we went to go pick up food.

  "So you wanna tell me what the hell that was all about?" Hayden asked me at a stop light.

  "What?" I asked with a shrug. "Matt's an asshole, what, I'm not gonna just listen to that bullshit."

  "How do you know he's lying?" Hayden asked making me glare at him.

  "I don't know but.. He can't just say shit like that." I sighed "Annie doesn't seem to be that type."

The rest of the ride home was quiet, neither of us spoke up I was still upset. Once we got back to the house and down to the basement, it was like we missed an episode of some type of show, they were all looking at me with smirks.

  "What?" I asked setting the bags of food down.

  "So she go to you too." I heard Caden say.

  I turned confused. "Who? What are you even talking about?"

  "Miss LeBlanc." He smirked, leaning onto his knees. "She got what she wanted, you know fun time with the ice hockey captain."

  "Shut up, I wasn-" I was cut off by Kenzie.

  "Don't try to act like you didn't spend the night at her place." She smirked, I probably gave away a 'how did you know' look because she soon followed by. "Your dad called to look for you, He's worried about you"

  "That drunk never gave a shit about me!" I stated starting to get mad. Then turned my attention back to Caden "First of all I know damn well she would never sleep with your bitch ass-"

  "Oh really?" Caden asked standing up. "She has two freckle on her left shoulder." I clenched my hands into tight fists which just amused him. "Don't believe me? Check for yourself."

  He placed two fingers over each other signaling where they would be. I glanced over at Matt who nodded and then at Jacob the star of the basketball team who also nodded. Before I knew it I rammed Caden into the wall and started punching him.

  "Johnny stop" Hayden shouted pulling me away.

  I looked at Caden who had a bloody nose that was dripping all over the ground. Everyone had gotten up worried, I walked over to Kenzie.

  "If you tell anyone about this stupid rumor, I-" It was an empty threat but she still looked terrified "I'll make your life a living hell."

  I left the house and got in my car. I needed to see if he actually slept with her. I didn't believe it but I had to know if she was lying about everything.