~The girl with the camera~

Thirty seconds on the clock. The game is tied 5-5. Although we were good this was the semi-finals, we were to take the silver foxes to the finals. Even though we were in an ice rink all of us were sweating. I gripped my stick tightly.

"Ready to lose Orlando?" said a guy from the other team.

I only smirked at him as the whistle travelled through the rink. I took the puck from him and raced to the net avoiding all the other players. I heard chanting like no other, this was it this was my time.

"You'll never be anything." "Worthless piece of shit." "Good for nothing."

Bzzzzttt

Just like that I was praised with victory.

"You did it man!" Hayden shouted over the chanting and cheers.

"I- I know!" I exclaimed to my best friend a grin spread across my face.

My team and I were about to walk into the locker rooms before we were stopped by a voice.

"Congratulations"

We looked back to see a girl with a notepad and a camera hanging from her neck. She must be a fan asking for an autograph.

"Hey" I smiled at her but she didn't look to amused.

"Annie LeBlanc reporter for the blue and white." The girl lifted a card up "I was wondering how you all felt about Johnny Orlando scoring the last point? Even though he had 2 open players."

"Who cares we won and thats all that matters." I winked before going into the locker room.

"She writes for the school newspaper." I heard from behind me. "She's cute. Aye Johnny what'd you think?"

I chuckled to myself as I pulled off my uniform. "Forget about her! We won!"

All the guys roared out a cheer. I got showered and changed, I was the last one since I took my time in the shower, unlike the other guys I wasn't in a rush to get home. It was now 10, the game ended two hours ago. I walked out of the rink jumping at the sight of the girl eating an apple and reading a book, It was Annie. She sat on the ground. Had she been waiting the whole time? Was she that committed to the blue and white?

"Hey" I saw her jump.

"Jesus.." she breath to herself and then looked up at me. "I thought you left and I missed you."

"You scared me to, by now everyone is gone." I replied with a smile. I extended my hand for her but she pushed it away and got up herself. "Why are you still here?"

"I was assigned to do an article on the hockey team." She answered as she dusted off the imaginary dust off her bottom. "More specifically the Ice king himself." She muttered and looked back up at me.

I was a good two or three feet taller than her. I smiled thinking it was cute and I was lost in my head.

"What?" She asked bring me back.

"Oh uh n-nothing." I rubbed the back of my neck "So um what do you want to know?"

"How you felt at the beginning of the night?" She pulled out the notepad and a pencil biting down on the apple.

I smiled remembering exactly how I felt. "Excited. I was filled with adrenaline all through practice and during class." She started writing down in the same notepad.

Beep

Annie and I both looked out the window to see a blue Sudan outside. It just pulled up.

"Thats my ride." She sighed.

"Hey come find me tomorrow and I'll answer the rest of your questions." She nodded and left the rink getting into the car.

I walked out into the cold heading to the only car in the lot. I threw my bag into the back seats and turned on the ignition. The car rumbled to life and I started driving to the house, hoping to take my sweet time.