Chapter 12 - Good Night

Staring at the score board, I sighed in frustration after seeing my rank.

Grade 1st as always...

Of course, this is of celebratory news, but that's not the case for me.

'Let word about this out, and you won't see the daylight of tomorrow', Levi's usual cold voice echoed throughout my head reminding me of whom I was.

That usual target who get's dragged into trouble due to it's 'Out of the worldly analytical skills', were what they said.

First, it was only Mr. Unknown and his gang. Now, because of that the American Intelligence Agency wants me dead. What more can I even expect?

Lost in thought was I, when my mobile had to ring out of no where.

Curse that ringtone!

I mean, Not! Sorry...

Sliding my hands into my pocket, I picked it up to check the ID. "Of course", I groaned as I answered it.

"What?" I straight up asked him, trying to get to the point.

"Congrats on your scores", speaking with excitement leaking out of the sentence, this was something that I've never ever heard from him before.

"Well you seem happy?" I spoke back, quite enjoying his unusual playful behavior.

"Of course! How can I not be when my choices are just impressive", and there goes my mood.

"So you say, I'm just one of those choice...ok, wow", I scoffed in disbelieve.

"Ah..I'm mean, Um No! Don't take it in that-", he tried correcting his lousy slip of a tongue, but I was way ahead of him. 

"F*ck you", I cursed in disbelieve cutting the line right off. Inclining my head to the right with eyes big as oranges, while different curses escaped my lips, I stomped the glass floor so hard that it nearly cracked.

"Rose are you ok..?" before Zuri had to inquire, that is. Gazing at me with concerned eyes, she took a brake to examine the scores. "Wow...", and gaping her mouth open she returned back to staring at me with the doe eyes.

"What?" I shrugged.

"Nothing, you are just...Wow", she spoke almost drooling.

"Uh...Are YOU ok?" I asked back waiting for a proper answer. As expected though, she was still in her dreamland. Hence, I thought of changing the subject after noticing that she was in her sports kit.

"Looks like someone's off to practice", I smirked finally getting her back down to earth.

"Oh yeah...Just thought of practicing a few kicks and stuff like that. The championships are in a few days afterall", she mumbled trying hide her embarrassment away, I suppose.

"Mind if I join you?", trying not to make the atmosphere uncomfortable between us, I asked hoping she would agree.

"Em, what about your ankle?" Raising a brow she asked that obvious question to much of my effort.

"It's better, I promise you. I'm fine" hoping if she would buy it, Zuri finally agreed with a slight nod before the two of headed out towards our destination.

.

It had already reached the climax of us practice session, as the sounds of heavy inhaling and pants mixed with energizing chants and yelling were echoed throughout the whole gym. We had now started a friendly duel between the two of us and Zuri was quite the fighter.