Chapter 8 | Await Me

Start from the beginning

     "Who were the guards during that hour?" I ask, pondering upon the details.

    "Blake and Vincent were assigned but only Vincent was present as Blake's wife went into labour the hour before. Vincent said that he was at the East and South borders but this incident happened at the North border. There's proof for them being at those locations. Besides, both of them have clean records."

    "Oh.... Lay this low at the moment. We'll decide after Adele's report. By the way, what about Mia? How's she doing?" I inquire him. "Her wolf is inactive. She's not recovering, no progress at all. I clearly don't know what took over Blythe to get so violent. Poor Mia, she stopped fighting at a point but Blythe just kept on beating. Mia's still under observation though." He sighs heavily.

    'Alpha, Blythe woke up and Adele's doing some last minute checkups. She'll drop her at your house. I'm heading to your office right now.' Jake speaks through the mind link. "Okay," I answer. I dismiss Chris to go through on the new patrol lines. Jake walks in as I get up to leave to the hospital to check on Mia myself.

    "Adele will take her home."

    I nod saying, "Jake, get everything ready for the acceptation ceremony tomorrow. Unlike the other ceremonies, I want all the pack members to be present. They need to see her being accepted."

    "Dude, I don't think that's a good idea." I raise my eyebrows questioningly. "Some of the pack members are afraid of Blythe. Because of her ferocious behavior. Some are angry at her. Because of Mia. I think you should give them some time. After all she's their Luna. She wasn't on her best behavior earlier today. So..." He trails off.

    "No," I say shaking my head. "There are these rogue killers lurking around the area and I don't want her to be around as a rogue. The fear of the people will fade as they get to know her. Go ahead with the preparations." I conclude leaving no space for objections.

    "Yes, Alpha."

    Both of us head to our respective locations. I park my car at the hospital to see Adele driving Blythe out of the premises. I couldn't catch a glimpse of her. I shake my head at my cheesy expectations.

    I walk into the hospital straight to Mia's special ward. Mia lies in the too big bed unconsciously with loads of tubes and machines attached. She was always a lively, playful and friendly girl. Only eighteen.

    Her mother stands from the couch she sat sniffling. "Alpha," she bows. "Mrs. Allard," I nod at her. A nurse comes in and bows seeing me. "Any progress?" I ask the nurse. If she thinks that I did not notice a quick glance at Mrs. Allard, she's very much mistaken. I leave the room motioning for the nurse to follow me.

    "I'm sorry Alpha, she was crying the whole time. I didn't want to upset her again..." The nurse drags. I nod at her. "Mia is in a very bad state. No progress. Unless you mean her faint heartbeat faltering more. Dr. Beaumont said that it was only by external magic that she could be back to herself or else we'll have to face the consequences."

    Shoot! Adele Beaumont hadn't told me that. I thank her politely, comfort Mrs. Allard and turn to leave.

    Jake comes running in almost bumping into me. He looks panicked. "Why is your mind link not working? Have you left your guard up?" He almost screams. I drag him out of the hospital before attracting any more attention. I must have left my mind guard up after all.

    "I'm sorry, I left it up. Any issues?"

    "Rick, a threatening note was found out in the woods addressed to you."

    To me? Strange. A threat. "Rogues?"

    "Not sure. But no scents nor evidences."

    "Let's get there now." I say walking to my car.

    He gets into the passenger the passenger seat and I drive. After we get to the woods, we walk through the trail and reach the spot.

    And there it was written in blood still wet and dripping,

"ALPHA,
I COME IN SEARCH OF YOU AND YOUR MOST VALUABLE DESIRE.
AWAIT ME"

**********

Hi guys,
Hope you liked it.

Note: She does not shift into her wolf. Just gives up control.

Please support me as an author~~~

Vote and Comment if you liked it.
Love y'all....... Mwah.....
-Vishael