part seventeen

I hold Cami and watch while Corey finishes packing our bags. We're leaving for North Carolina in the morning to spend Christmas with Corey's family. I'm soaking up all the time with my niece that I can get because Cody and my dad won't be able to make the trip with us.

      His tremors are getting worse, and the doctors haven't been able to come up with anything as to what it may be. It makes me afraid to travel; I don't want to be away from him, but Corey needs time with his family too, and I need time with Corey. I swear that boy is busier during offseason than he is when he has a game everyday.

       Having a baby in the house has taken its toll on him. He hides it once he gets house and he's around me and the boys and Cami, but I know him well enough to see his pain. I'm hoping some time around his family will help cheer him up.

       "Are you ready for bed babe?" Corey asks, setting the suitcases on the ground and kissing my cheek.

       "Yeah, just let me give Cami to Cody, and then we can go to bed."

         Corey kisses Cami's forehead and sits on the bed, watching me walk out the room.

          Cody's sitting on the couch with Henry, but he stands up as soon as he catches glimpse of his baby.

           "There's my princess! I never thought I'd get you back from your aunty," he jokes, grabbing Cami and holding her into his chest.

            He uses his free arm to hug me. "Are you and Corey all set for tomorrow?" He asks.

            "Yeah we just finished packing. Are you sure you don't want me to stay here Cody? I feel bad leaving you two here alone, especially on Cam's first Christmas."

               "Clo we will be fine, I promise. Corey needs you right now. You need to be with him on this trip."

                I sigh and nod. It pains me to leave my family, but now, Corey is my family too, and right now he needs me the most.

                 "Goodnight Cods. I love you."

                  My brother hugs me again, "Goodnight, I love you too. Enjoy yourself this next week Cloe. You deserve it."

                 I squeeze his hand and walk back to Corey and I's room.

               He's laying under the covers when I open the door. I strip down to my undergarments and take the spot next to him.

              Corey wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "Hi baby," he whispers into my neck.

               "How was your day?" I ask, turning so I'm facing him and not our dresser.

                 "It was good. I worked out for a few hours then hit in the cages for a few more. It's even better now though. You're always the best part of my day."

                 I mentally sign. If I'm the best part of his day why can't he spend more of it with me?

                   "Goodnight babe," I smile and kiss Corey's lips. "I love you."

                   I can't help but grin thinking about the time I'm going to get with Corey because of this trip. This is going to be so good for us.