part four

I walked back into the backyard by myself. Corey had gone a couple of minutes previous, but I needed a minute by myself to just breath.

I started walking towards Ellen, Suzanna, and Kourtney but was intercepted by my brother before I could even get close.

"How did it go? What happened?"

I shook my head, not wanting to tell him that Corey and I still haven't precisely rekindled our relationship just yet. I knew that telling him would damper his spirits, and I didn't want my brother to be upset at his own party.

"It's a lot, and you're party's almost over. I'll tell you tonight."

He nods, "Okay. I'm about to shoot the confetti canon if you want to go grab a front row spot."

"I'll make sure I'm front and center," I say, standing up on my tip-toes and kissing my brother's cheek. I'm so excited for you."

Cody smiles at me before cupping his hands and shouting out that it was time.

The sun was starting to set, leaving the lighting gorgeous for the occasion.

I stood by Mariana and Suzanna while the other girl's wanted to watch with their significant other's.

Like a mirror image, Corey, Kike, and Alex stood opposite the circle from us.

Cody ran into the center of the group, holding an odd almost pipe-looking object.

"Are you guys ready?" He asks, looking around to make sure that everybody was there.

Everyone shouts their yeses, and yeahs, and a few people took out their phones, wanting to capture the moment that was about to unfold.

Keep in mind, Cody is the only one who knows the color of the confetti inside. The element of surprise wasn't necessarily meant for him in this situation; it was intended for everyone else.

He holds his small confetti canon, raising it high in the air before tugging on the string.

It felt like it was in slow motion. A cloud of grey smoke came up first, followed behind with a trail of pink confetti that was floating around everywhere.

The confetti fell, leaving Cody covered.

Shouts and cheers came from everyone, and it was a fun thing to watch all the boys jump on top of my brother, chanting their congratulations. I smiled to myself, knowing that the boys were all going to become a big bunch of softies with Cody bringing his baby girl around all the time.

I knew for sure that that's what's going to happen to my brother.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to have a niece!" I yelled, running up and hugging my brother who was wearing a ginormous smile on his face.

"I know; I'm going to have a daughter!"

I look at him, taking in how fast life can hit you. It was only eight months ago that Cody moved in with me, meaning it's been seven months since Corey and I started dating.

When my brother first moved in, I could not have guessed that by this time, we'd both have children on the way. That just seemed unreal to me.

I hugged Cody, taking a final look at the party he had worked so hard to throw.

"I'm tired Cods; I think I'm going to call it a night and just chill out inside."

"Okay, the party should be wrapping up soon anyway."

I nod, walking away from him so I could say goodbye to the girls.

I wasn't planning on coming back out so they would all be gone soon.