"Because before this, the most I ever got for my birthday was a book and a cupcake" I tell him quietly, almost mumbling. It sounds pathetic, but it was a really great birthday. Right before my dad left and my mum lost her mind.

"What was the book?" Harry asks gently after a few moments of silence, I've always found a way to leave him speechless with my sad past.

"Anne of Green Gables, it's my favourite book" I reply with a smile, it really is, even if it is mainly for children. I try and re-read it every year or so, it's the first book I ever really got lost in.

"The cupcake?"

"Red velvet" I finally look up to meet his gaze, he's smiling fondly. He must approve of red velvet cupcakes. He doesn't say much more, I suppose there isn't much more to say about it. My childhood sucked, I didn't like my birthday up until today, time to move back to the important issue at hand.

"Harry are you sure about this?" I ask him again.

"Yes I'm sure. I like it very much when you stay here and I don't like it when you go back to your place. And no it's not just because even thinking about your apartment gives me claustrophobia, but because it's too far away from me"

"It's like a twenty minute drive in heavy traffic"

"Like I said, too far away from me" I roll my eyes and Harry squeezes my thighs in return.

"You know some may call that possessive"

"I like to think of it as protective, or maybe even endearing" He leans in close, pressing his lips against my cheek as his hands pull my body closer into his chest. My hands fall to his shoulders, as though it's their rightful place to be.

"Move in with me" He asks for the third time, clearly done with me avoiding answering him. If I say yes, then I can't run away from how I feel about him. He would be around me all the time, there would be no more of me doubting whether or not it will last. Because I have to now admit it to myself:

I want this to last, I want this to last so badly that it terrifies me. I feel almost completely and utterly hopeless when he's not around, and I find myself practically counting down the minutes until he's back by my side. And though we've had more bad times than I would have hoped, the good times have made it all worth it.

I'm falling in love with this man, or perhaps it's already too late. Maybe I've already fallen and there is no chance of getting back up again.

"Yes" I mumble with a grin. His answering grin is one I would walk across glass to see again, as he picks me up by my waist and uncharacteristically spins me around the kitchen. I clutch onto his shoulders tightly, laughing along with him like a love struck school girl. At last he sets me down on my feet and his hands cup my cheeks, pulling me in to him and pressing his lips against mine. I melt into him, my hands sliding their way up from his shoulders to his hair, tugging it down in an effort to draw him in even closer.

"Were you nervous" I ask him when we both come up for air, his hot breath puffing our across my nose.

"Maybe a little" he shrugs with a boyish grin.

"You little softie" I tease, poking softly at the dimple protruding from the left hand side of his face.

"I can assure you that I am anything but a softie right now" he smirks as he presses himself against my hip, giving me the impression of a slight bulge from within his pants. I shove his shoulder slightly as I let out a half-gasp half- laugh.

"Dirty old man" I grin up at him as he bounces back from my shove to place his hands on my hips, nodding his head.

"Yes I am, but you're my dirty birthday girl" His eyebrows raise slightly as he smirks one more. Despite his filthy mouth, I find myself giggling again and pulling him closer towards me as I nod my head.