Chapter 9

*Timeskip: Christmas Eve*

Steven's P.O.V

Some time has passed since I first showed Spinel Little Homeschool. She was very amazed by it and kept requesting that I take her back every other day or so. There was also a time when she asked me to teach her some things about what it means to be human. While my knowledge on the topic was rather skewed, since I've been sheltered most my life, I did the best I thought I could do and I think she really did learn something.

But, that was many months ago. In the time leading up to today, Christmas Eve, Spinel's gotten very accustomed to how my life works and from such, how she can be there for me when I need her. She's truly lives up to being called a 'gem' because in my eyes, there isn't anyone that can match her beauty. The most noticeable change, though, was when Nelly made it a regular habit of sleeping with me, and before you ask, no I don't mean the kind of stuff that goes on in your parent's bedroom at night. It's just cuddling, talking, and exchanging kisses, the last one being the most prominent. Love is just so addicting. I don't know how I could've gone without it.

Anyways, today is Christmas Eve, as I mentioned previously. Snow has covered the ground in a big white blanket and still falls to even right now. Me, personally, I think the snow is beautiful but Spinel isn't as much of a fan, proclaiming that it's cold, wet, and 'gets stuck in her hair'. Whenever she says that though, I just caress her chin and respond saying "But it makes you sparkle like a star. My superstar". Cheesy, I know, but I want her to feel special. After her overly-extended isolation in the Garden, I wish only the best for my little Nelly. As such is why I'm currently working on wrapping her Christmas present for her. She doesn't know I have it and I've gone through tough lengths to ensure that she'll be thoroughly surprised when she finds out.

As principal of Little Homeschool, I let all the gems relax for the rest of this year for Christmas and New Years. Though they're not exactly with the program of what either of those events are. They still go on with their days like normal. Snowflake and Larimar love the winter season, since they're experts when it comes to ice. The Crystal Gems, though, have been quite busy as a matter of fact. Ever since that 'talk' I had with them, Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst really seem to have taken my words to heart. They've been nicer and accepting towards Spinel, letting her in on some more personal matters when it comes to what the Crystal Gems are and stand for.

Spinel's present, now finished, is wrapped in dark pink wrapping paper with red hearts all over them. I practically had to create the material on my own, since it was so unique to her. Sitting next to Spinel's gift lies Garnet's, in red and black, Amethyst's in purple, and Pearl's in pea green with a hint of white. Lapis and Peridot's are already under the tree, adorned in blue with wave patterns along with yellow and some medium green wrapping paper. I'll be honest, it was hard work finding the right gifts for my friends and family. Even for my girlfriend, since there isn't much that she's fond of on Earth besides me that I can give to her as a present. I could just sit in a big box and pop out on Christmas Day, but I felt like that wouldn't be enough.

"Hey, babe, what are you up to?" The sweet, alluring voice of my Spinel calls. I then feel her lips on the back of my neck, causing goosebumps to emerge. I bite my cheeks, feeling them heat up as she kisses around my neck to where my own lips are. The kiss is like any other we share, something that is fueled with passion and never gets old.

"Just working on something special for my beautiful girlfriend" I say once we part.

"You don't gotta do that, all I need is you for Christmas," She kisses my neck once more. "In fact, I have a gift for you that you get early~" She says in a very seductive voice.

My cheeks grow red and she notices, letting out a small giggle. She pulls me off the floor, her eyes flitting across mine before she picks a spot on my neck and sucks on it. The feeling I get from it is too good that I can't help but pull her closer, which causes her to bite me in the process. I let out a tiny yelp, looking down to see a small red blemish on my neck when Spinel retracts her mouth.