"What do you mean, Tita? Isn't she at AMMC?" I asked, confused. "I haven't heard from her since our last visit."

"She's nowhere to be found! Last night, Arkin went home to pick a few things up, while I remained with her here in the hospital. But I dozed off, and when I woke up, she wasn't in the room anymore! Where could that silly girl be?" Tita Ivana sounded close to hysterics.

"Jesus." I took a deep breath to calm myself because I was starting to panic as well. "Have you tried giving her a call?"

"She didn't take her phone with her."

"What about Vince? The hospital staff? Surely one of them had noticed Bella leaving? And AMMC's teeming with cameras. Did anybody review last night's footage?"

"Vince already ordered a review of the hospital's CCTV footage as we speak, but I'm not really sure if it would be of much help. I mean, how on Earth could a weak, dying —" Tita Ivana suppressed a sob before continuing. "Oh, my Lord. Ano na kaya ang nangyari kay Isabella Lira?"

I cursed inwardly. Kahit ako, walang ideya kung paano nakaaalis si Bella sa ospital sa kalagayan niyang 'yon.

"Calm down, Tita. I'm sure Bella's fine. Let's look for her together, shall we?"

"Thank you, hijo, but Arkin's already searching for our daughter. Ayokong maabala ka pa."

"Don't be ridiculous, Tita. Mas madali po nating mahahanap si Bella kapag marami tayong kumikilos."

"Alright." Tita Ivana sighed. "I'll wait for you here at the hospital. I really appreciate the help, Vren."

"Don't mention it, Tita. I'll be there in a short while." With that, I ended the call and reentered the music studio.

"Guys, I'm sorry but I have to go. There's been an emergency," I told the gang. "France, can you do me a favor and drive Myron home later? He's staying in a dorm near Pierceson."

"Sure," Francis replied. "Go and do your thing, bro."

"Saan ka po pupunta, Kuya?" Myron asked. "Ano pong problema?"

I exhaled heavily. "I believe your sister had already told you about Isabella. Right?"

Tumango siya. "'Yong maysakit mo pong ex, tama ba?"

"Yup, that's her. Apparently, she ran away from the hospital. No one knows where she is right now," I explained. "I'll be heading to AMMC to help her mom look for her."

Nagkatinginan ang mga kaibigan ko.

"You've got to be kidding me." Gabe was the first to speak again. "Si Bella, nakuha pang umalis sa ospital? Isn't she really sick?"

"Exactly why we're at a loss as to how she managed to sneak out of the hospital without anyone noticing," I said before turning back to Myron. "My, I really hate having to cut our bonding time short. Babawi si Kuya sa'yo, okay?"

"'Wag kang mag-alala, Kuya. Naiintindihan ko po." He gave me a timid smile. "Tumulong ka na po sa paghahanap kay Isabella. Baka mapaano pa 'yon."

"Li'l bro's right," seconded Xander. "Get out of here, Vren. Kami na ang bahala rito kay Myron."

I didn't need to be told twice. As soon as I was sure my friends would be bringing Myron home safe and sound, I hurried out of the studio, determined to find Bella before anything ruinous happens to her.

****

"Any idea on where we should start looking for Bella?" I asked Tita Ivana as we sped away from the hospital. "How about the café?"