{The Reason} chapter 16

Start from the beginning

She equals recklessness.

The clearing of her throat gained my attention. I don't react, keeping my head turned toward the window watching the leafy trees pass by.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked for the third time. Her body was fully angled in my direction and her eyes glared at the back of my head. All her attention was on me and me only. Nobody except Yuri has been this persistent with me on any matter.

Before any words could escape from my mouth she quickly added, "And don't say you have business or some bullshit. I want an real answer."  The slight quiver in her voice refrained me from growling at the blatant disrespect.

The idea of not knowing where she was going or what she was going to had made her anxious. This was a new emotion that had displayed from her and sparked my curiosity. Where did she believe she was going? Did she perhaps think that I was going to kill her? Deciding not to indulge in my curiosity I simply responded.

"Redwood pack."

There was a brief moment of silence before she spoke again.

"I don't understand," she said confused. To what she didn't understand I didn't know and didn't care much to really know either.

"You don't need to understand," I curtly replied. She doesn't need to know anything. As long as she did what she is told and obeys my orders she would be fine.

"No! I do need to understand. I need to understand why I am here?" Things just don't add up..." she mumbled to herself at the end.  I remained silent.

"Why am I here?"

"Your my mate," I replied earning a scoff from her lips.

"I know that is not the reason. Don't give stupid answers. I am no fool."

She asked her question again however this time I did not reply. This conversation was one that I didn't feel like entertaining. She didn't need to know the reason why. She didn't need to know anything.

After a few moments of silence she scoffed again and I could hear a smack of her hands hitting her thigh from throwing them up in the air in frustration. This caused my wolf to stir.

"Fucking hell!" She practically shouted. "Just answer my goddam question! I have a right to know. Why am I here?"

I growled and snapped my neck in her direction to be meet with livid eyes. Her hands fisted the ends of her dress and her jaw was tightly clenched together. I glanced her up and down taking in her appearance again. From up close she looked like she tasted delicious.

"Watch your tone mate. Do not forget who you are speaking too," I reminded her. Riley was quite different from other female wolves that I have encountered. Usually most of them were frightened of me. They were submissive and respectful to my rank and power, yet she was not. That was something that she is going to have to learn. Even though I am tied to her for eternity I will not be pushed around and disrespected by a mere she wolf.

Her anger rolled off of her like waves in the ocean. The hands that gripped her dress prior were now against my left shoulder shoving me into the window.

"Why am I here," she yelled at me, seeming to have scooched closer to where I was seated.

"Why did you not allow me to leave?" She shoved me again this time a bit harder. All I could do was stare at her. What the hell?

"Why did you almost kill someone for me!" Her rough shove made my head hit the window making snap me out of my daze and finally the gears started to run again. I growled lowly at her to calm herself. She was bold—no, crazy, to put her hands on an Alpha.

With each incoming shove that she performed her voice became more muffled until I wasn't able to hear what she was saying anymore. A warming sensation started to spread throughout my body and the cloth that rested against my skin felt suffocating. My wolf stirred inside of me wanting to be let out, but I kept him at bay. He adored her completely, but the disrespect that she was displaying to her Alpha raged him.

"Why did you lock me away!" She went to shove me again, but I seized her wrists in my hands; preventing her from touching me. I thrusted her down onto the leather seats so that I was on top of her and her wrists hung over her head. With my face inches from hers I roared "Because I need you!"

The anger that once consumed her eyes seemed to vanish and travel to mine. I stared at her wide eyes that seemed frozen as they gawked at me. Her plump lips were slightly parted with faintest amount of air escaping through them. This contrasted from my breathing as my chest heaved up and down with ferocity scraping the surface of her chest. 

I could see my words hang in the air and then sink into her mind a she processed them. Her eyes moved away from mine and attempted to decipher what they meant. When she couldn't, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes met mine once again for answers.

She stared at me and I stared right back. Every time I gazed at her I always discovered new things about her.  She had a beauty mark right on the crease of her nose and a puny scar on her left eyebrow. They were always small things, insignificant things maybe, but I always felt pride when I found something new.

Sighing, I eventually released her from my hold and returned to where I was sitting before responding.

"For the pack." Her hands halted from fixing her dress any further. She stood motionless for only a couple of seconds before nodding her head, more to herself than me, in understanding.

"You want power," she spoke, disgust evident in her voice. Alphas are the strongest and highest ranked wolves in a pack. On there own they are powerful, but when they find there mate and complete the mating process they gain even more strength and power. Same goes for the pack. Packs require a Luna. A Luna will not only strengthen the Alpha so he can protect his pack, but also strengthen the pack itself.

I do not care to have a mate. Maybe I did, once years ago, but its too far back for me to remember.  I know that all Alphas will posses a mate thanks to the moon goddess. It is so that there pack may prosper and there bloodline continue purely, but I secretly hoped she would skip over me. I did not want Riley, but if I am forced to be with her than I will surely use her.

The rest of the car ride went by painfully silent and we both stared out at the leafy trees.

••••••••••••••••••••••¿•••••••••••••••••••••••
Gave you all more of the Alphas point of view and I hope you enjoyed! What do you think of the Alpha? Think he is mean...emotionless....just plain old stupid lol. Let me know my dudes.

*Vote/Share ;-)

*Comment ( ' •  - • ' )

*Follow (cause I'm a pretty cool gal)