{White Roses} chapter 11

I moaned from the sunlight that shined through the curtains, hitting against my face. I blinked, shut my eyes, and blinked again. Yawning I opened both my eyes.

I turned to stretch and felt something restricting me. I looked down to see a pair of sturdy arms encircled around my waist, holding me. Then I realized my back was pressed against something hard and something was nudged inbetween the crock of my neck, breathing soundly. I slowly turned my body around to see what was next to me and came face to face with Alpha Jonah.

I nearly pissed myself.

I jumped back slightly and felt him stirr, tightening his grip on me and bringing me closer to him. We were now and inch apart from each other. I stared at him feeling his chest go up and down. The light touched his brown hair making it appear lighter. I brought my hand up and lightly touched his cheek. He seemed so peaceful.

My fingertips brushed upon his lips which were surprisingly smooth and soft. My fingers remained there tracing the outline of them faintly. I inched my way closer and closer to his lips until we were center meters apart.

Then his eyes flew open. I screamed and flew backward out of his grasp and almost fell on the floor if he didn't catch me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I threw my arms around his neck so that I wouldn't fall. Our noses touched as his eyes flickered from my eyes down to my lips. He tilted his head to the side and slowly brought his face closer to mine. Just as our lips were to touch the door burst open.

"Guys, come on. Wake up. How long are you going to sle-," Yuri started to say, but paused when she saw our position we were in.

"Oh..um sorry I..um..didn't realize," she said embarrassed turning away.

I unhooked my arms from around Alpha Jonah immediately and shoved him away. He looked displeased at my action and turned his attention to Yuri.

"What are you doing here," he aggressively growled at her.

"I was here to get Riley to go get dressed," she said scratching the back of her neck not looking into his eyes. "Come on Riley."

I nodded and hurried out of the room closing the door behind me. We both walked down the halls in silence until she broke it.

"You going to tell me what just happened," Yuri asked me.

"What do you mean," I asked her stupidly. I knew she was talking about the almost kiss in there, but I don't know what to say. I mean we weren't actually going to kiss in there. I simply fell and he just caught me.

"Really? You guys were like sucking faces in there!"

"No we were not!"

You would think she more mature for a thirty-two year old right? Nope.

"I was just falling off the bed and he caught me, that's it."

"I thought you said you didn't like Jonah," she said with a minuscule smirk spreading on her face.

"I don't."

"Then why were you falling off the bed..mmm," she said wiggly her eyebrows.

I looked at her wide eyed. "No! Not what your thinking at all!"

She laughed as she opened the dressing room. I rolled my eyes and walked through. Nothing was going to happen with Alpha Jonah. Nothing.

°°°

"Why do I have to wear this," I asked Yuri, stretching the collar of the sweater I was wearing.

"Luna's always have to look there best," she simply repiled.