{The Ball} chapter 9

The door busted open revealing an energetic Yuri. She flashed her pearly whites at me stopping a few feet before the edge of the bed. I gazed at her perfect stance and aura. I couldn't understand how she was always so flawless.

"It's finally time," Yuri gleamed, clapping her hands together in excitement. My brows pulled together into a frown. "Come, come.," she waved her hand. 'Getting you dressed and ready will take all day so we must begin now."

"Ready for what," I yawned, arching my back in a deep stretch. Yuri giggled.

"The ball, of course!" I cocked my head to the side and scrunched my nose. Huh? The ball? Was I missing something here? Yuri glanced at me and her giggling fit halted. She squinted her eyes.

"You know... for the ball tonight...that's in your name? Where you are officially going to be presented to the pack as Jonah's mate and the Luna of Summit Pack. Did Jonah not tell you about this?' I shook my head and brought my trembling thumb to my lips. This is definitely something you would think I would be informed about. I scoffed. He probably knew I was going to refuse so what's the point in even telling me?

"No, he didn't say anything. We "talked" a few hours ago. Thanks to you," I mumbled, biting my already damaged nails.

She looked away from my eyes, releasing a sigh. "I apologize for that. I was worried about you and you weren't eating so I didn't know-"

"It doesn't matter. What's done is done." I said, pushing myself off the bed and moving toward the window sill. People bustled outside, hauling pieces of furniture and decorations inside of the house. I should be thanking her. My pride got in the way and because of this, I could have done something I would have regretted and maybe gotten myself killed. Even if it pains me to consume his food, I will never starve myself again. Nothing good will come from doing that.

I jumped as the sound of the door burst open once more. Armon sauntered inside, looking flawless as well in a woolen sweater and gray khakis.

"Armon, I told you to wait until I signaled you to come inside. What if she was indecent? " Yuri shouted, placing her fingertips between her brows and releasing an exasperated sigh. He gave her a sideways glare before addressing me with a slight head bow. My eyes widened slightly.

"Darling," he greeted me, flashing his own set of pearly whites. He grasped my hand in his and placed a gentle kiss on the surface. My cheeks warmed up at the contact and I tugged my hand away.

"It's Luna, Armon. Stop calling her that. Formalities still apply to you," Yuri scolded, giving him a pointed look. He simply rolled his eyes and grumbled a few crude words under his breath, ones too low for her to hear. Two people, who both had flawless and perfect auras, put in the same room was either heaven's blessing or a disaster. Right now, I was feeling more the latter.

"Come, Luna, let us try on a beautiful cerulean dress I picked out for you. You will look absolutely stunning."

"Wait a minute, hold on. Armon, what are you talking about? She will be wearing a coral high-necked dress," Yuri stated firmly, crossing her arms over her chest. Armon looked appalled, placing his hand on his chest as they glared into each other's eyes. They appeared to argue with unspoken words. I sighed, preparing myself to acknowledge the curveball they really should have seen coming. At least, Yuri should have seen it.

"You both are wasting your time because I'm not going." Both heads snapped to me in an instant. I have no intention of meeting their pack members and putting on a fake smile for them. I didn't even want to be here. Every person I have met has been from a forced interaction set up by him. I never wanted to meet any of these people so why would I open that door to meet the whole pack?