{The Reason} chapter 16

Alpha Jonah Pov

I ran my hand down my loose button up shirt to remove any wrinkles that had started to form. Checking my watch once again for the second time I released an exasperated sigh. Where is she? I told Yuri to get her dressed and to the car. This should not be taking an hour.

While I was slightly frustrated my wolf felt very content. For the past few days he has been very irritable and short tempered—especially with me in particular. I knew the reason was because I had deprived him of our mate. It had not been easy for me either these past few days as my wolf made sure that I suffered along side with him.

I don't know why I did it. I mean—I know why, but it is not in me to do something like this. I locked her away like a princess locked in a castle.

When I saw her injured something came over me. I felt this burning sensation that was concentrated in my heart, but soon spread to the rest of my body. I felt like a hundred men were inside of me and I was invincible. My wolf immediately took control and instinctively sought out to protect his mate.

I have no idea who that boy was, but I know I would have killed him if she had not calmed me down.

On our way back to the house after almost killing the boy, we didn't speak a word to one another. It surprised me how she allowed me to carry her all the way back not even protesting once. I also had made a decision on my way to the house as the silence gave me time to think.

I did not want her outside with her new pack members.

Yes, I am fully aware that she is the Luna of the pack and it is only right for her to get acquaintance with them, but on the contrary she is not marked. Usually, mates will mark each other a day or so after meeting. For our situation it is different. We both do not want one another.

If she is not marked then horny unmated males, even if knowing she is there Luna, will try to pursue her. I can't have that. I will not be able to control my wolf from ripping them apart limb by limb. He growls softly in agreement.

The drivers door quickly opens as he scurries out of the sleek black car to open the door of the back seat. I pick my head up and glance toward the gates to see Riley following Yuri who is carrying her luggage toward the car. She was wearing a baby blue dress that was cut just after the knees and had peach kissed lilies scattered all over. The top half was well fitted with a sweet heart neckline that did not show to much. I growled lowly in approval. Yuri prepped her well.

For shoes she wore plain white heels that were pointy at the ends. Even though there were not that high up she seemed to be having trouble walking in them. I watched amusingly how she got more and more frustrated as she moved closer to the car almost tripping ever so often.

When the driver moved to seize the luggage from Yuri is when I glued my eyes off of Riley and shifted them to peer out of the window to my right. I waited only a few moments before I felt the black leather cushion a foot away from me dip and the car door slam shut.

We didn't speak. Not when the car was parked and not when it started to move. The silence that drowned us was not comfortable either. The rumble of the car as it drove through the woods and the occasional faint humming coming from the drivers lips were the only things to be heard. I think it is because of the instance that happened earlier today and I will admit that I am embarrassed for what I did.

It was my mistake to believe that I could deprive my wolf of his mate completely for such a prolonged period of time without him rebelling against me. Lately, I have not been doing well with reigning in my wolf which is not a good thing. He, along with the majority of the wolf side of werewolves, are more reckless and being an Alpha means I posses important responsibilities that cannot be besmirched because this recklessness.