"Pfftt, Hahahahaha. Hana-chan your way to cute. Here~"

My went blank hearing his cute child like a laugh as he teased me making me blush while I quietly grumble on how to avoid him.  That's when he handed me another set of the same food making my eyes sparkle as I snatch it from his hand and opened it without hesitation. 'Ack! That was rude...' I froze realizing my embarrassing action as I slowly turn to Noe who had a confused smile on his face.

"T-thank you, Noe..."

I whispered as I went back focusing on my bun missing a glance of his rosy cheeks. I mutter a small prayer as I took a bite of the heavenly softness while my face showed a clear delightful expression. 'This is so good~!' I thought as I kept myself from moaning and continue to take small bites from the bun enjoying every little bit. That's when my ears perk up when Noe strikes a conversation.

"Sooooo...Why did you get detention?"

My mouth stops chewing hearing his question as I sweat and avoided his gaze. 'Sh*t what would he think of me...if he knew that I didn't do my homework out of laziness.' I thought as I stumble my words for an answer. Noe's eyes were filled with curiosity hoping for me to give a reasonable answer.

"I didn't do my homework..."

My voice came out in a whispering tone as my bites became slow while I avoid Noe's gaze. A part of me regretted revealing the truth but I'm a bad liar, he'll know eventually. 'Wonder what his reaction be... Will he teases me about it? Be disappointed? Or will he get mad at me for doing my homework?' Various thoughts about Noe's reaction circling around my head as I blankly ate my bread.

"Hmmm, you must be tired."

I heard Noe exclaim as he quietly finishes his bread. At that moment, I felt a struck on my heart as I hid a smile under my bangs. 'Yeah...I was tired.' I thought as I and Noe ate quietly until recess was over. Fortunately, I finished all the equations on the board with answers as I gave it to the teacher who came in after the bell rang. The teacher grabbed the paper and checked all of the answers with a hard gaze.

"Hmmm, you did well Ms.Shirosaki but the next time you didn't send in the homework I gave you. Then I'll send you to the guidance counselor. I make myself capisce."

I gave a nod as a sign of understanding the warning and went to my seatback while the teacher went to his next class. Sitting down on my seat, I flopped on my desk as I release a very loud sigh ignoring a small laugh from Noe. I turn my head as I look at Noe who is smiling at my tired state.

"You evil."

I spouted as I expected on getting a hug from him. 'Just for comfort.' I thought and sat up from the desk as I stare at the entrance door waiting for any students to enter. Noe laughs off my words as he went to clean up our secret lunch while I was busy staring at the door.

Not less than a minute, Noe returns as I got up to clean the whiteboard. 'I was bored...' I plainly thought as I slowly went down the small stairs and went to the whiteboard while staring at Noe who is organizing the paper on the teacher's desk. Suddenly, I tripped over a step making me losing balance as I bring my hands out to lessen the pressure.

"Ow..."

I groaned as I open my eyes seeing Noe's face close to mine while my body pressed against his chest making my cheeks flared up. 'Curse you legs!' I cussed under my breath as I tried to get up making my hands pressed on Noe's chest.

"Hana-chan~!"

I perked hearing the chirping voice that I recognize so well. 'Fuck!' Noe also understands the sign as he tried to get up but that only makes things worse! He got up so fast making me fall behind as I pull his shirt in reflex making him fall on to me. 'Wait isn't this seems worse than before?!' I screamed mentally.

THUD

We both froze hearing something fall from behind. I look up to Noe seeing him slowly raising his head to see who's the person that entered the classroom, even though we already know who it is. Noe's face instantly turned dreaded as his forehead covered with beads of sweat.

"Tachibana-san this doesn't seem like what it looks li—"

Noe reasoned but was cut off by Makoto's hard glare that I felt even though it was forward to him.

'Even though I said I wanted to avoid drama!'

[❇]

END OF CHAPTER 22: "Even..."
- 1393 words