Beach day [SLIGHT ANGST]

Gavin stood in his kitchen, preparing some breakfast for himself. It was still early, around 7 in the morning.

It wasn't usual for him to get up this early, but today was somewhat a special day. A colleague would be leaving the DPD in a few days and they wanted to make it a special day for him. And with special, that would be a day at the beach.

As much as he didn't want to go, he did anyway. Something most people didn't know was that Gavin was scared of the water. As a little kid he had almost drowned, and from that point on he had promised himself he would never swim in the ocean again. 

Gavin sighed to himself at the thought of having to go to the beach. As long as no one would force him to go into the water, he would be fine. 

He walked over to the dining table, setting his cup of coffee and a plate with toast on the table. Reaching for the TV remote, he yawned, clicking on one of the buttons to zap to a different channel.

The weatherman explained how it would be a hot day today. That would mean he would have to sit in the bright hot sun for the entire day. Gavin rubbed his eyes, slowly finishing up the breakfast he had made. It wasn't very usual for him to make breakfast like this. Normally he'd only drink a cup of coffee in the morning, that would be enough for him to wake himself up.

The time had come for him to leave. He pushed himself up from the couch, put the dirty dishes on the kitchen counter and left his apartment. 

As the man stuffed his hands in his pockets, he could feel his heart beat faster. Gavin hoped he would've overcome his fear by now, but that was unfortunately not the case. The thought of drowning again kept flooding his mind. 

The engine of his roared as he turned the keys. The male speeding to the beach they had planned their farewell party. 

Not much later he arrived, some others already arrived before him. He stepped out of the car as he got happily greeted by Tina, one of his coworkers. ''Honestly didn't expect you to show up here, Gavin.'' She said, patting Gavin gently on his shoulder as she folded her arms, standing in front of him as if she expected Gavin to tell her some childish story. 

''I didn't want to go, but I gotta show some respect don't I?'' Gavin shrugged his shoulder, leaning against his car. 

''I guess so. Also, aren't you going to swim?'' Tina asked, cocking one of her eyebrows up as stood next to the other, leaning against the car just like he did. 

''No, I'm not going to play like a fucking child in the water.'' Gavin scoffed, looking over at Tina, who had seemingly her eyes on something else. He turned his head, looking over at the direction Tina had her eyes on. 

And as if things couldn't get any worse, there he was, the plastic prick. Of course he had to be here today as well. He totally forgot how Conan was also invited. He didn't seem like the type to party either. 

Gavin groaned, looking disgusted over at Tina. She was practically drooling at the sight in front of her. The android was wearing shorts with a white t-shirt that was actually quite see through. Gavin just couldn't understand what was so interesting about the plastic piece of shit. All he could do was annoy people at work and stand in their way. He still couldn't believe that refrigerator was his partner at work. 

The android had noticed the two of them looking at him. He wondered if they were talking about him, so he decided to check it out for himself. He stepped towards the pair and greeted them with a polite smile. 

''Goodmorning, both of you. I didn't know you would be here today too, Gavin?'' He focused his eyes on the slightly smaller man in front of him, his expression showing how confused he was.