Sick Of Losing You

Gavin angrily typed on the keyboard on his phone. His android partner here at the DPD didn't show up this morning. Usually he'd be the one arriving half an hour too early. He was very strict and punctual when it came to coming on time.

'Tincan, what the fuck.'
'Come to work. Now.'

He sent to Conan. It didn't even get delivered, which was also very strange. Gavin was getting suspicious about all of this. If he wouldn't show up, Conan would've let him know a long time ago.

Gavin sat down on the chair in front of his bureau, leaning back a little as he crosses his arms. He stared at the clock in front of him, waiting for Conan to come in. He was already 2 hours late. Slowly he got a tad bit sleepy, his eyes keep falling shut. Eventually, after about 5 minutes he slowly fell asleep in the chair. There was nothing to do without Conan around. He helped him with basically everything.

Conan was currently at a crime scene with a few other fellow policemen. He examined the body of a young woman, who was shot in the head.

About 40 minutes later Gavin woke up, a soft tap could be felt on his shoulder. He blinked a few times, looking at the person who stood behind him. "I suppose you're waiting for Conan to get to work?" Connor asked, his hands behind his back. His whole attitude annoyed Gavin. "Yeah, where the fuck is he?!" He asked, turning around in the chair he was currently sitting on. He looked up at the android, his led turning yellow for a few seconds. "He is investigating a crime scene at the moment. He said he wanted to go on his own." Connor explained, the expression on his face the same as before. Cold and boring.

Gavin didn't respond to the android, he simply got up and decided to go to Fowler and ask him why Gavin didn't know anything about this.

He stormed inside the office, slamming his hands into the desk, anger boiling up inside of him.

'How could he just leave and investigate the crime scene without him?!!'

Fowler raised his head and looked at Gavin. Not even surprised he was being so aggressive today. "You seem to be bothered that Conan is not at work today.." He said, looking back at his screen as he continues to type. "Don't say it like that. You make it seem like I miss him. And I don't. Not a single bit." Gavin responded, crossing his arms in front of him and trying to keep cool. "Then why are you so angry, Reed?" Fowler doesn't even look up at the man in front of him. He didn't really care that much. "Because I am not working on a case on my own!" He yells, taking a deep breath as he leaves the office of Fowler, slamming the door behind him.

Gavin fetches his jacket from his chair, putting it on as he walks out of the DPD while doing so. Gavin was surprised Fowler didn't go after him or yell at him for leaving the office. He was kinda used to that and he enjoyed annoying his boss a bit. Since, just like everyone already knew, he didn't give a single fuck in the world.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and immediately took it out to see he just got a notification from his social media. Nothing interesting. All he was waiting for was a single message from Conan which would tell him where he was right now. Being totally not patient, he called Conan about 3 times, but every single time he got his voicemail.

Groaning as he walked down the streets, he decided to take a look at his apartment once again. Maybe Conan would be there to look for Gavin. He tends to get up late and show up at work an hour later. Surprisingly he didn't get fired yet, he did it almost every day.

Reaching his apartment he took out his keys, putting them in the hole and turning them. The sound of a click confirmed the door was unlocked. Gavin pushed it open to be greeted by an empty and silent room. He closed the door behind him and looked around, checking every single room. And unfortunately there was still no sign of his android partner.

"If you're fucking here, I will not spare you, you plastic prick!" Gavin yelled, just loud enough for Conan to hear if he actually was here.

Nothing. Silence.

He sighed deeply, running his fingers through his brown locks. What was he going to do without Conan? Oh wait, that sounds cheesy.

His deep thoughts got interrupted by the buzzing of his phone once again. He looked at the name shown on the screen. "Fowler?" Gavin frowned his brows, picking up the phone to hear a distressed Fowler on the other line.

"Conan got shot, Reed. Chance of survival is 29%. He's still at the crime scene. Extra police are on the way." Fowler explained shortly on the phone.

"Wait, what the fuck?! That fridge risked his own life by going on his own! Jesus!" Gavin hung up, frustrated and concerned about his partner. Yes, he did hate him but he wasn't planning on working with someone else. Didn't matter if it was a human or an android. He wasn't going to do that.

Gavin ran outside, getting inside of his car. He turned the engine on, driving at an insane speed at the crime scene he must still be at.

After an 8 minute drive, he got out of the car, noticing the body of Conan on the floor, blue blood everywhere. Police surrounded the android, but that didn't stop Gavin from going to him.

Almost reaching the body, policemen held him back from getting any closer to him. "Fuck off! He's my partner! Step aside or I will kick you in the balls." Gavin pushed the men holding him away, the didn't hold him back now. Gavin got on his knees, next to the body of Conan as he lifts his head up. He was still alive, as far as android's could be called 'alive'.

"What in the actually fuck did you think going here on your own?!!" He yelled, Conan's fast softened at that for some reason, giving Gavin a puzzled look. "I didn't want to risk you doing, so instead I gave up my own life. I knew it was dangerous to go on my own. The 3 criminals were supposedly still inside the crime scene. And they were. As soon as they saw me they shot me." Conan explained, his voice sounding very corrupted and different than usual.
"Thank you Gavin for.. caring about me." Conan said with a warm and polite smile, before shutting off.

Gavin's eyes slowly got filled with tears, he groaned and wiped them away, not wanting to look like a baby in front of all his colleagues.

"Fuck you, you stupid android!!" Gavin slammed his fist roughly onto Conan's bloody chest. The same men as before pulled him away, but in the meantime he managed to hug Conan one last time before being dragged away. Gavin's clothes were covered in blue blood, so were his fist, of course.

"I'm so sick of losing you..." Gavin mumbled underneath his breath before he lost sight of Conan's body.

-

A/N: so so so sorry for not posting anything!! I've been very busy with working and learning for my upcoming exams. I do hope you enjoy this chapter though! Another one coming up soon, I hope ;)