Cure my sickness

A/N: Hello lovely readers!! I'm finally updating this book again after 2 years. Leave any suggestions in the comments. <3

This one was suggested by blob54 :)

------------------------------------------------------

Sore throat, runny nose and continuously coughing.

There was nothing else in the world that made Gavin this annoyed. Usually his colds weren't that bad, but this time it was really getting to him. Thus, why he called in sick to work today. They were surprised, just like he himself was. Even though Gavin wasn't too fond of his job, he never stayed home.

But here he was, cheeks glowing a bright red hue, tossing and turning on his couch as he felt absolutely miserable.

''If I had the energy, I would jump off of a cliff right fucking now. '' Gavin muttered under his breath. He sighed, pushing the sweaty locks out off his face. He didn't know what happened to him. Gavin was never really sick, maybe a sore throat or plugged nose, but that was about it.

Gavin pushed himself up, sitting down with his head hanging over the edge. Every single bone and muscle in his body was giving up on him, even the one and only Gavin couldn't crack a joke right now.

He closed his eyes, hoping all his symptoms would suddenly go away by doing so, but to no avail. Just when Gavin found himself all cozy on his couch, the doorbell rang.

Not the right time.

Gavin peeped through one of his eyes, secretly hoping they'd just give up right away and leave his flat. But unfortunately not, this person continuously rang his doorbell, knocking on his door in between as well. What would they need so badly from him?

With the loudest groan he has ever let out, he decided to check out whoever was annoying him. Once he opened the door, he felt steam coming out of his ears. The only person he didn't want to see right now was his work partner, but there he was, with a plastic bag in his hand and the cheekiest smile plastered all across his face.

''Now what the hell are you doing at my place, plastic prick?'' Gavin sighed, rubbing his temples in an attempt to calm himself down. Finally having a day to himself was definitely too good to be true. Of course this fucker had to show up.

''Everyone at DPD seemed worried about you, Gavin. This is the first time in ages you have called in sick. Is there something going on that we are not aware of?'' The android asked, letting himself into Gavin's apartment without asking.

Gavin threw his hands in the air, completely at loss for words. This piece of metal had the audacity to storm inside without asking for permission, another reason to hate his partner even more.

Conan placed the bag down on the table, turning around to look at Gavin who seemed to feel even more sick than he let on. ''Is there anything I can do for you? Maybe make you a cup of coffee or some soup. It's all in my program.'' Gavin's partner offered, raising his eyebrows at the smaller male. ''No thanks, now get out, please. I'd like to enjoy this day alone.''

''I'm afraid I cannot do that.''

Gavin's mouth fell open, completely baffled at the statement Conan just made. ''And why is that? I'm an adult, I can take care of myself.'' Gavin exclaimed as he held the door open for his partner to leave. ''Well, you're my partner after all. I will assist you in any way needed.'' The android explained, walking over to Gavin as he picked him up in one swift movement.

''WHAT THE HELL?!'' Gavin kicked with all his power, trying to wiggle out of his grasp, but there was no point in doing so. Conan was stronger by a lot, which was no surprise.

Conan put Gavin down onto the bed gently, pulling off his shoes and throwing them to the side. It was like a mom taking care of his sick son. He pulled the blankets on top of Gavin, making sure he was fully covered.

"I'm not a child anymore, so could you please leave my damn apartment?" Gavin groaned in annoyance, sitting up in the bed, but soon regretting it as the worst headache ever hit him. He let himself fall back onto the pillow, covering his forehead with one of his hands.

"You were saying?" Conan questioned as he sat down on the edge of the bed. His hand rested on Gavin's leg for a brief moment before he reached into the plastic bag he had taken with him. He pulled out a cup of some sort, seeming to be filled with a chicken soup. Conan also took out a box of paracetamol.

Despite not wanting to be taken care of, Gavin thought it was a nice gesture. Never had anyone done this for him.

Gavin pushed himself up into a sitting position, a whiff of the soup traveling towards his nose. It smelled amazing, it even made Gavin's stomach rumble a little.

"Here, have some soup. I'll leave the paracetamol here on your nightstand." Conan handed the cup of soup, along with a plastic spoon. "I'll get going then. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know."

The smaller male sighed, knowing damn well he secretly enjoyed his company.

Just before Conan could get up, Gavin grabbed his wrist, looking down to avoid any eye contact. He was already embarrassed enough as it was.

"You can stay." He muttered, letting go of the android's wrist as he turned his head away from him.

Gavin finally lifted his head up and what he saw shocked him. Conan had the brightest smile ever on his face, and soon burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You finally admitted it and you seem to be quite.. embarrassed about it." The android stated, looking Gavin right in the eyes. His gaze pierced through the tough and angry male.

Gavin went back to lay down, turning onto his side as his back faced Conan. He did not have any time for his bullshit, especially not being teased about how flustered he just got.

"I'm going to sleep, so please be quiet."

There was no reply from his partner, so Gavin simply closed his eyes. But he soon realized that was going to be a difficult task. He was freezing and his heart was beating out of his chest. "I can tell your heart is beating much faster than average." Conan said, breaking the silence that was hanging in the room.

"I'm just cold, okay?" Gavin replied, clearly annoyed.

Before Gavin could spit any more words at Conan, he felt the other's body weight leaning against his back. He shot up, looking at Conan with his shocked eyes. "What's this about?!"

"Well, you said you were cold, so I thought you'd enjoy this. Your heart seemed to slow down for a moment when I lied down." Conan sat back up as well, his gaze fixing on Gavin's. "Whatever.. I want to sleep now, so do whatever you want." He replied, crawling back under the blankets without saying anything else to Conan.

Both of them lied back down, Conan pressed against Gavin with his hands wrapped around his slim waist.

"Wait, what about the soup?"

"I'll warm it up later, now shut up for the love of god..."