Destined To Be

Gavin let himself slip down further onto his couch. The silence was killing him by now. This man had been living on his own ever since he moved out of his parents' house. He didn't regret it though. It was just that it became quite boring. Drinking coffee all day, at work and home.

It was Christmas today. The one holiday Gavin hated the most. Everyone always made a big fuss out of it. Even at work. It was that time of the year people were being extra emotional and generous towards each other. Happiness was a word people always said if someone asked them to explain what Christmas is like for them.

Gavin always liked to say 'disgusting, or horrible'. He didn't understand why it even existed, why Christmas had to be a thing.

Every year he was on his own with Christmas. Very quiet, nice and calm. Drinking alcohol while eating pizza. Perfect Christmas.

There was no one anyways who would like to celebrate it with him.

"Phcking shit, this is boring." Gavin mumbled after finishing his cup of coffee. He groaned, sitting himself up straight on the coach. He got up and walked towards the fridge. Opening it, he was greeted by an almost empty fridge. There were only a few leftovers from two days ago and some bottles of beer.

Now Gavin was forced to go grocery shopping. Worst timing ever, because today everyone would go to buy food and other stuff for Christmas.

He rubbed the temples of his head, taking a few deep breaths in and exhaling. He pulled himself together and put his phone and wallet in the pockets of his pants. When leaving his apartment he slung his jacket over his shoulder and picked up the car keys.

As Gavin entered his car he closed the door, putting the keys in and starting the engine. Fortunately he had already cleaned off all the snow this morning. That saved him a lot of time and anger.

After about 25 minutes of driving he arrived at the grocery store. It took him some effort to find a parking spot, but when Gavin found one he was relieved that at least something worked out for him today.

Gavin entered the store and what he saw seemed like hell. People laughing, chatting and some even fighting for a certain product both of them wanted. And honestly, Gavin thought it was quite amusing to watch. Ridiculous too, really.

"Let's see if I get out of this alive.." Gavin scoffed, getting a shopping cart and walking through the aisles. He just fetched whatever he felt like buying.

The male got lost in his thoughts for a second, he just kept pushing and pushing the shopping cart, not minding where he was going at all.

After what seemed like hours of him being in his own little world, he accidently bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going you dickhe-" Gavin stopped when he saw the person who he bumped into. "What the phck are you doing here tincan?"

"Oh, Detective Reed! I heard today everyone is going on a shopping spree for Christmas and I thought it'd be interesting to see what all this fuss is about." The android explained before continuing to ask the smaller male a question he had been wanting to ask for a while now. "Don't you like Christmas?"

Gavin started chuckling softly, putting a hand over his mouth to make sure he didn't start laughing out loud. "Ah this is hilarious.. me and Christmas? My hate for Christmas is even bigger than my hate for you. And that says something because you know how much I phcking hate you." He wiped away a few tears from laughing. This android really was stupid.

"You seem like a person who'd enjoy Christmas. You always seem so lonely." Conan stated, seeming genuinely concerned about Gavin. "Don't start assuming things about me!"

Gavin put his middle finger up to the android and pushed his cart the other way, going back to where he came from.

Conan decided it would be better if he just left Gavin alone and let him blow off some steam. Maybe he'd change his mind.

"Jesus, why can't that refrigerator just leave me alone." Gavin whispered to himself as he walked out with a few bags. His android partner had seemed to dissappear. Gavin didn't want any more trouble. It took him about 40 minutes to get everything he wanted and pay for the groceries, as he had already expected.

Finally arriving back home he put the bags down, looking through the pockets of his jacket for the keys of his apartment. He put the key in, turning it and pushing the door open.

Gavin walked in with the bags and looked up. This had to be a dream.

His living room was covered in Christmas decorations, such as candles, lights and a tree.

Scanning the room he saw who did all of this. Conan. Of course. Who else could it have been. He was the only one who had the key to his house since Gavin sometimes tended to not show up to work if he didn't feel like it.

"You've got to be kidding me right.." He let the bags drop on the floor as Conan walked towards him. He was wearing an apron. That explained why it smelled like someone had been cooking.

"Merry Christmas, Gavin."

"Oh no, we're not doing this! Leave my phcking house. Now."

"But I still have a surprise for you. Please let me give it to you." Conan smiled at the other, it radiated a warm feeling.

Gavin sighed and nodded. The android walked towards the table of his dining room, searching through a plastic bag. And when he had finally found it, he hid it behind his back and went back to the other.

Conan showed what he had bought. It was a mistletoe. He held it up above both of their heads. "You know what this means, right?"

"Of course I do! But I'm not kissing y-"

Gavin got cut off by the android, he pressed his lips gently against Gavin's. He didn't expect android's lips to be so soft, but they were.

He was a bit hesitant at first, but deep down, Gavin knew he's been having feelings for his partner a while now.

Their kiss lasted for a few seconds when Conan finally disconnected their lips.

Gavin's cheeks turned a bit red, he put his fingers over his own lips, feeling a bit tingly. And oh, he had never known he needed this to happen this bad.

"Once again, Merry Christmas. I love you, Reed."

"I.. I love you too." He crossed his arms and looked away from the male in front of him.

Conan grinned and turned Gavin's head back, placing a soft peck on the other's lips.

Maybe they actually were
destined to be.