28- Determination

The next chapter is the Epilogue and I am shooketh. We're so close to the ending, I might start crying :')

That's my attempt at "If Deltarune was an anime." Yeah, I made Kris look like a trap 'cause he's genderless. It's still the rough sketch, though.

•••••••••••

Susie and Kris dodge the large debris with tenacious speed. Looking serious and not wasting a second.

This was the last mission.

The last they had to fullfil to end all this chaos once and for good.

Dust fled with the wind as more of the structure came caving in. Both of them ran in full sprint, looking forward and not looking back, not even once.

Their breaths were ragged, darkness loomed over, as they struggled to reach the light to the way out.

They ran and ran through darkness, slowly beginning to see figures.

Finally! They could get out.

With a surge of determination flowing through them both, they ran and ran.

Ran through darkness, going towards the light.

Faster.

Faster!

And they breathed a sigh of relief, as they managed to make it out alive.

The place was crowded, a lot of murmurs floating around like toxic smoke. Amongst that, Toriel and Asgore ran and engulfed Kris.

Toriel sobbed in worry, as she pulled away, her face contorted to a furious one, "Kris ,why did yo-!" But she was cut off as the building utterly and finally gave out.

Asgore managed to pull away all three of them, coughing. He was determined to keep his family safe, and that wouldn't change for anything.

And Susie is part of their family now, after all.

The crowd went to a panic and dispersed.

Asgore breathed heavily and clutched all three of them close to his chest, his fatherly side kicking in out of reflex.

The crowd went from mere whispers to full silence as a dark figure emerged from the flames, that devious grin still etched onto their dusky lips.

Kris' breath hitched, as fear clouded his vision.

"Ahh... That old man's power did the trick." The Player marvelled as they admired the sight of their form.

Susie's eyes were filled with rage and ferocity, her teeth were bared as she growled.

The entire mass of people behind them were shaking as they heard those eerie words, silent still.

Susie courageously stepped forward with her chin up, not an ounce of fear etching her stance.

Without a word, Kris went to Susie's side, following her example.

The Player had a red soul in their hands pumping with determination.

Kris' observant gaze was set on, and his senses were on full alert. Trying to think of a plan that could save them from this darkness.

Kris' bravery faltered as he saw the vibrant color, and the color of the soul weakened.

Kris titled his head in curiosity as the color came back.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" The Player giggled, "Amazed by my presence?"

The crowd remained silent and unmoving. The Player pouted and huffed, "Now this is just boring." They said.