22- Different

Yeyeyeye to Krusie, I'm deep into the fandom and I don't even know.

And that drawing is just something random I drew and I think it's good, I guess?

I'm so sorry about this chapter, after re-reading it I cringed so hard. Please bear with me >_<

••••••••••

School...

Why did everything have to go back to normal?

Swarming like flies, those thoughts kept nagging her as the drive to school went on. She didn't like school one bit.

But everything wasn't normal, everything was...

Different.

She finally had a home. A family that was willing to love her and care for her. And a friend who was willing to listen to her.

She still could not believe she was saying Kris, the brunet who she had called dork in awful number times, a friend. But after what she did last night, she was starting to feel different, strange. Like, somehow, the word 'friend' was not enough, satisfying at the very least, but not filling.

'I like you too, Dork.' She remembered herself say.

She burried her face into her palms and growled at the intense heating of her face.

Kris faced her blank, being next to her afterall, "Susie, Are you-"

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She waved off, "I'm fine."

Kris furrowed his brows. What was wrong with her today? No, he shouldn't burdened her with that question.

Toriel glanced at the two and sighed quietly. The whole morning, the pair had been acting odd. Susie was a growling and blushing mess, and stuttered often. Kris was a bit cold and distant, shadows casted over his eyes.

Oh, how Toriel missed Kris' crimson eyes, how they used to sparkle with delight. But ever since the bullying had started, he hid them away from everyone's view.

She remembered what great imagination he had. What stories he told after he had played with his brother.

She glanced behind her and thought.

'Things are different now, I suppose.'

~~~~~~~

"C-class! Settle d-down!" Alphys slammed the desk meekly.

The noise simmered down as they heard Ms. Alphys. Sitting up straight, everyone listened to her.

Susie's gaze lingered to Kris, she blushed. Looking at him made her frustrated yet oddly satisfied. So, she tore off her gaze and focused on something else.

The chalk.

'Look at the chalk. Look at the chalk.'

Kris' head was down, he gaze dull and lifeless. Like when he had tore his chest open, but that was not the case.

It was different.

With shaky hands, Ms. Alphys turned to the board with chalk in hand and finished writing.

"This f-formula is u-used to d-determine how m-much electricity i-is used. Now by-" Ms. Alphys was cut off by the sound of the bell ringing to life, indicating that it was lunch time.

Ms. Alphys sighed as the students rushed out. She gave a small smile to Susie and Kris then waddled off to the faculty room.

Berdly took his leave calmly and stared at the dull Kris, "What the heck is your problem?" Berdly scowled.