11- Sweet smiles

This'll be a sweet chapter.

We need an itsy bitsy break from the feels and blood and torture and abuse and mystery and....

Gosh. Do I always write like that?

••••••••••

Kris sat there, engulfing the nearly sobbing monster. He could feel her ferocity fading, little by little it seemed. But was that good?

He didn't know. This was so odd, so different. How could he comprehend such a situation. How?

Susie trembled. She had no grip on reality. Her mind was hazed and jumbled. Her thoughts spun wildly making her feel more sick than she already was.

Kris stayed still, scared as always, for her not for himself.

Kris was a kind soul to help out Susie in such a way. But kindness can only go so far. What made him keep going?

That question was answered long ago. The sweet taste of friendship was what made him go on. The bittersweet feeling of that eerie ache. Care that drips in both his actions and words. The reason for his acts? There is no need to question, but he couldn't help the doubt that comes so suddenly every now and then.

Susie regained her grasp onto this wretched reality. Through her half lidded gaze she saw Kris embracing her, holding her in hopes of giving her comfort.

That was what it felt like, especially with the soothing strokes of his digits entangling in her wine locks.

But in losing the dream-like haze of her mind, she also gained her tremendous amount of previously bottled ferocity.

Although the sweetness was persuasive just like everything he does, Susie pushed him away because of the ever burning ferocity she had.

The push was added with force, causing the brunet to tumble from his kneeling position to him landing on his bum.

Kris let out a brief pained groan. But then turned to face Susie, "Are you okay now, Susie?" Kris asked, voice as sweet as honey.

Susie tried to remain her composure, utterly trying to not give in to that sugar-coated tone, but failed and stuttered, "W-w-what the hell were you doing, Kris?"

Kris then stood up, chalking up her surprise to her lack of consciousness earlier, but that still didn't stop the blush dusting a tad on his cheeks, "I was hugging you..." He mumbled.

Susie's eyes were shot wide. Both completely silent for a few seconds, contemplating on whether to say a word or not.

Her ferocity overcame as always, doubting the truth that laced in his words.

"Why did you do that?!" Susie shouted in bewilderment.

"You were scared!" Kris answered back.

And the two kept at it, bickering like children. A frantic tone against a worried one.

"I'm never scared," She growled fiercely, ferocity still lacing it as always.

Kris' brows corrugated, "It's okay to be scared!" Kris fought.

Susie breathed heavily, wrath slowly building up, "Fear is for the weak! I'm strong!" She contradicted, desperately even, for herself rather than the one she fought of wit.

The room was filled with the ragged breaths of an angered soul, a thought left to hang in the air.

"But what if you're not strong enough?" Kris asked lightly, his fists clenched. His care and kindness taking control.