Chapter 22

POV Betty

When the song ended, Jughead sighed and let me go. We gathered our things and our friends and hurried outside just as my Mom pulled up. I ran towards the car as the door opened and Mac appeared. He laughed and caught me as I jumped at him.

"Betty, my girl! I missed you!" he said as he spun us around.

"I missed you too, Mac" I laughed and kissed him quickly on the lips.

"I'll see you kids later! Be good!" Mom called and waved as she pulled away. Mac put me down to hug V and then C. He finally turned to the rest of our friends.

"Mac this is the rest of our friends. That's Fangs and Kevin, aren't they cute?" I began. Kevin and Fangs waved at Mac and he waved back.

"This is Toni but hands off. She's Cheryl's gal" V took over and Toni blushed as Mac shook her hand.

"And that's Sweet Pea and Jughead." V rushed through. I chuckled as she mostly ignored the boys. Sweet Pea looked upset but Jughead was pissed. I knew that he wasn't happy about the way I greeted Mac.

"Boys. Thanks for taking care of my ladies here. They're a couple of trouble makers" Mac laughed.

"Trust me, I didn't do it for you" Jughead snapped. There was a tense moment but then Mac just chuckled.

"I guess not but I appreciate it all the same" he smirked and pulled me closer.

"We're supposed to go check out the Worm. It's the Serpent bar but we don't have to go if you don't want to." I explained. Jughead glared at me.

"No! You promised to go." Jughead argued but Mac cut him off.

"Your Mom really wants you to go. In case you know who bothers you." Mac said and Jughead looked at him sharply as I shushed him.

"Don't think that I didn't notice that you had to change your number again" Mac added and Jughead nodded.

"I knew that was why you changed your number" Jug called and I sighed.

I glared at Mac to shut him up. "Sorry" he said, sheepishly.

"Fine! Let's just go and get this over with" I agreed. I grabbed Mac's hand and pulled him to the limo. We piled in and it was a bit of a tighter fit than before. I was squashed between Jughead and Mac. Of course. I felt like I was being crushed when suddenly, Jughead picked me up and put me on his lap.

"That's better" he smirked as I glared at him. Mac looked surprised and then pissed. I gave him a commiserating look as Jughead held on to me.

"What did I tell you about trying to make me jealous, baby?" Jughead whispered in my ear.

"Who says that I'm trying to make you jealous?" I snapped back but Jughead just smirked.

"Please, you two would already be together if you were going to be. This is just a ploy to piss me off" he whispered and I sighed. My brain failed to come up with a response and Jughead chuckled.

"Yeah. That's what I thought" he added and I wanted to punch him. Finally we pulled up outside of a bar.

"Here we are" Fang announced as he opened the door and pulled Kevin out. The rest of us followed. Jughead got out before me and turned around to help me. He grabbed my hands and kept a hold of one as we walked in. I tried to let go but he wouldn't let me.

"Jughead, let go" I hissed. He looked at me and smirked but let go. I got a bit nervous as we walked in. The bar was dimly lit with a couple of pool tables in the back. Everywhere I looked, I saw leather clad bikers. Some were older, some were in their 20's but they all look scary. They all turned to look at us. It was silent.