Chapter 3

POV Jughead

I couldn't believe it when Cheryl introduced her. Suddenly I knew who Toni had seen at Pops last night. Why didn't she call me to let me know? I fumed for a moment. Of course, I don't know if she even could if she wanted to and why would she want to? I had ghosted her years ago. She had gotten even more beautiful in those years. I smiled when I finally saw her on the stage. She was breathtaking. I grinned as she scanned the crowd, knowing that she was looking for me. I saw her pause and look at Archie but was relieved when she rolled her eyes and kept looking.

When she saw me, I remembered everything and the smile dropped from my face. This was the girl that left me. She destroyed me. Made me the shell of a person I am today. I stared into her eyes as I thought.

"Betty Cooper, your first mistake was leaving and destroying me, your second was coming back" I thought. Her eyes looked confused and then sad for a moment but then her friend took her attention. I glared at her and then smirked. This was going to be fun.

POV Archie

I stared back at Betty in shock. She smiled and finally I realized how sexy she was now. I winked and she rolled her eyes and looked away. I continued to look at her as she locked eyes with Jughead and then as she and her friend talked. I grinned. Betty was my first crush and I wasnt going to let her get away now that she was back. I loved a challenge and fucking my old friend was going to be the challenge of the year.

"Dibs" Reggie called but Chuck and I argued.

"Nope. She's mine" I stated and the guys groaned. This was going to be fun.

POV Betty

When I looked back at Jughead, I was disappointed. He was looking at me the way a predator looks at prey. Could he really be as heartless and cruel as C described him? And why is he looking at me like that? I've done nothing to him.

I looked over at Archie as was even more disappointed. He and his friends were obviously talking about me while staring at me. I felt dirty just by their eyes and Archie was the worst one.

I took a deep breath and looked over at C.

"Do you believe me now?" she asked and I nodded.

"I'm so sorry B but you should stay away from them. They are gunning for you" C added and I nodded as we walked off the stage. C led V and I toward the bar.

"I can see that but why?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Who knows? Because you're new? Because you left them before? Because you're hot? Who knows with them. I swear, when you left, both those boys lost all morality and kindness." C explained. We ordered a round of shots as Kevin came over to us. We drank them quickly.

"Another round, please" I requested. C and Kevin exchanged a look but V just nodded.

"Are you sure, B?" C asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry. She can handle her liquor" V replied. The bartender put four shots down in front of us.

"I'm good" Kevin said. C waved it off too. I shrugged and looked around.

"Hell, Betty. I'll drink with you" Archie yelled as he and Reggie sauntered over. They each took a glass and the four of us drank. After we drank, Archie turned to me and hugged me.

"I can't believe that you're actually here" he said as he let me go. I laughed but looked over at C who was rolling her eyes.

"So why are you back? How was New York?" He asked

"And who is this lovely Veronica? Where did you find her?" Reggie added. I quickly told him about our moms and that my mom got a job at the Riverdale newspaper so we decided to move back.