CHAPTER 20: The U.A. Traitor

Start from the beginning

"You're really funny, Iida," said Kaminari, "Talking about rest at a time like this? Well joke's on you. ALL of you. Because I'm not resting any longer. I'm not gonna pretend any longer." He continued to giggle, making everybody in the Class take one step back.

"Kaminari..." Midoriya stepped forward this time, "Something's wrong with you."

"NOTHING'S WRONG with ME," Kaminari yelled, glaring at the green-haired boy with mad eyes. Then he made eye contact with everyone, "I've always been like this. You're all just seeing this side of me for the first time."

Without hesitation, Midoriya charged towards Kaminari and threw a punch at his face.

"That's enough, Kaminari!" he yelled with dejected eyes, "Everybody in this room, especially Jirou and Kirishima, is concerned for you. Why can't you understand that? All we're trying to do is help you out but all you do is dismiss our kindness like it's nothing."

Kaminari turned to look at him, and Midoriya swore he saw a hint of sadness in his eyes, but it was soon replaced with rage. Midoriya continued nonetheless:

"We're your friends, Kaminari. We know when something is up. And from what I saw today, I say you tell us—all of us, what's been going on with you. Or else we'll have to turn you in." 

Kaminari's mouth formed into a mocking smirk. He made eye contact with Midoriya for a while, then grabbed him by the neck. Everyone gasped, but was too frozen in place to do anything. Midoriya coughed.

"Ohh, heroes." Kaminari sang, "You know, whenever you say something out of your little mouths, sometimes, I just wanna..." he tightens his grasp on his neck, "Suffocate...you..."

"KAMINA—" Jirou began.

"Kaminari Denki." another deep, smooth voice rang across the room. Whatever it was, it made Kaminari drop Midoriya, who fell to the floor and gagged. Iida and Uraraka rushed over to check on him.

"Who was that?" asked Mina, frantically looking around the room. Everyone else followed suite.

Kaminari rolled his eyes.

"Finally, you're here." he said, "Kurogiri."

A dark, purple mist appeared in the room, overpowering the fluorescent light bulbs that hung over the ceiling. The mist grew dark, golden eyes, and finally morphed into what was shaped like a person. He normally wore a very elegant suit with a tie and has five metal plates that go from around his collarbone to just below his eyes.

"You're late," said Kaminari with a boring yawn. 

"My apologies, but I suspected you to handle this independently," he said with a bow.

Jirou let out a terrified yelp.

"Denki..." her voice trembled, "What the fuck is going on?"

Everybody was looking at Kurogiri and Kaminari with a shock plastered all over their faces. Kurogiri and Kaminari?

"Oi, oi, oi," Bakugo growled, "Why is he here? And how do you know him?" he pointed towards Kurogiri. Instead, Kaminari ducked his head, allowing Kurogiri to speak for him.

"I suppose I should let you all know," he said, "Kaminari has been working with us from the very start. We recruited him when he was only in preschool, and he has assisted us greatly in other works. Our largest project has something to do with U.A. Academy, so Kaminari had the job of investigating the students of his class and gain information about the school for us. He was obligated to play a personality that looked promising, or else someone would get suspicious. That is really all there is to the story. If none of you have realized this already..." He glanced at Kaminari, "It means we have a good actor on our side."