CHAPTER 20: The U.A. Traitor

Start from the beginning

Kaminari gave him a sad smile but again, he shook his head.

He refused almost everyone who tried to approach him, knowing full well that there was no point in playing friendly, considering what was going to happen next.

It's almost time, he thought, It's almost time. But I can't...I can't do it...

"Hey Kami," said a voice. Kaminari leaped out of his chair in surprise and looked up to see Kirishima. Again. With two soda cans in his hands. Kaminari started to tremble.

"Hey," Kirishima said again, "Look, I know you said you didn't want anything, but I got you a drink anyway. You've been pretty on edge lately, so I figured you'd need one." He handed one out to his friend with a grin. Kaminari refused.

"I said I don't want it," he said. Please stop talking to me.

"You don't have to pay me back," said Kirishima, "Consider this a manly gesture!"

"Don't want it. Give it to someone else," he said. Stop being so nice. I...I...

"No, I got this for you!" exclaimed Kirishima, "You don't even have to drink it now. Just hold on to it for now and—"

"GODDAMMIT, I SAID I DON'T WANT IT!" he slapped the redhead's hand to knock the can off his hand.

It fell to the floor with a heavy clang! and rolled slowly through the utter silence.

The other students turned their heads to see what was going on, a surprised look on their faces. Jirou and Bakugo were at the front of the crowd.

Oh shit, thought Kaminari.

Kirishima's heart sank.

"Kami..." he said, "What's up with you lately?"

"Oh geez...I'm sorry," Kaminari's eyes darted across the room, "I don't know...I..."

"You don't know?" asked Kirishima, his voice growing angry, "I'm not even sure that's a valid answer at this point! You've been ignoring all my texts, you don't show up to class, you don't eat with us anymore, you're always out, you've been acting strange, and you...just knocked a can out of my hand!"

"S-So what?" asked Kaminari, "Why does it matter to you?" Jirou stared at him with fear. She stepped forward and pulled Kaminari's arm.

"Please, Denki, that's enou—" she began

"Why does it matter?" Kirishima interrupted, "You're my friend, that's why it matters! I'm worried about you, Kami. Ever since you started acting weird, I always have been."

"Mind your own business, okay," growled Kaminari. Please.

Kirishima's eyes widened

"Kami..."

"Ohhhhkay, gentlemen," Iida clapped his hands between the two teens, "I believe it has been a tiring day for us all. It's late, so why don't we head to bed for now and continue this discussion tomorrow morning?" He placed a hand on Kaminari's shoulder, "Just get some rest, Kaminari."

"Rest, you say?" Kaminari said. Then, he erupted into giggles, clutching his stomach so that the laughter wouldn't take him over. Jirou backed away with frightened eyes while Bakugo stood in front of Kirishima defensively.