🖤Ch.12 :Can't Move Forward If...

Start from the beginning

"Chresanto--"

"We'll talk another day. I came here to help you, so that's what I'm doing. I have to leave here at seven to be on time at work." He didn't mean to cut his father off and be rude, but he was getting angry and he knew that if he let them keep insisting, he would lose it.

"You heard him ? " Knowing how his son was, Mr. Harris preferred to let it go. At least for now.

"Yeah...call me when you're ready to talk." He signed sadly, then left the room not wanting to upset Chresanto even more than he already was. He was missing his best friend and wanted them to be good again, but he also understood that he needed time to process the information he gave him a few weeks ago. Seeing his brother's reaction, he didn't know how to come to his father with this.

"I've never seen you that mad at Chad before. Usually, your arguments last not more than three days. What happened ? "

"Don't worry 'bout this, we'll be good again."

~~~

"Can you believe this ? My future wife was in the same room and I didn't see her ! "

"Your future wife ? "

"Yes, nigga ! I don't know what it is about her, but...damn ! She's my African Queen, the girl of my dreams."

Chresanto couldn't help but laugh at Kofi. He was in his office, going through some paperwork and in the middle of reading numbers, when his best friend called him, allowing him to have a break. Kofi was looking up his pictures on Google from the premiere event they went to and as he was scrolling down, he realized that Ebony's friend he crushed on at the club was there too.

It took him a few minutes to find her name, Katlego Evelyn Diore, which then led him to her Instagram page. For the past hour, he'd been stalking her page and liking almost every picture. The more he looked at those pictures, the more he thought that he was actually falling in love.

When Chresanto heard those words from his best friend's mouth, he almost choked on his own saliva. He instantly wondered if Kofi was on some drugs or if he was severely lacking sleep.

"You really need to stop talking like this before I take you to the nearest hospital. Two weeks ago, you wanted her number so you could get her in your bed, you weren't talking about her being your African Queen."

"People change their mind all the time, why can't I do the same ? "

"Because--" he began and was quickly cut off when the little Arietta stepped in his office and made herself comfortable on the black velvet sofa with white oak legs that he had in the corner, next to his black Ikea bookcase, which contained books, pictures and some little pieces of decoration.

Today some kids weren't at school because there was a fire accident, which burnt a part of the building. There wasn't too much damage, but for safety purposes classes were canceled for the rest of the week. Since parents couldn't stay at home, the kids were at the shop for the day. The parents trusted Chresanto. They knew they were safe at the shop, mainly since he made sure to turn his shop also into a safe place for the kids to play.

"Because what ? "

"I'm calling you later." He didn't want to continue his conversation with a kid around. The kids at the shop were super nosey and there were some things that they didn't need to know about.

"Alright. Bye, nigga."

"Bye, fool. And stop stalking her page weirdo."

"It's not happening, let me admire my African Queen."