"It's the fucking truth, John boy. Rich women these days, all they want is working class cock." Arthur explained.

"Yeh she ain't having none of his, not if I've got anything to say about it." Lucie laughed.

"Well, Luce, lets hope this working class cock." Arthur began, pointing at Thomas, insinuating he was a cock, not completely wrong, " Doesn't want a rich women."

"For my sake, lets hope so, hey?" Lucie laughed.

They walked through the auction pit, Lucie and Michael trailing behind, laughing about past events. Until, calamity struck, something that always accompanied the Peaky Blinders where ever the went.

"Tommy Shelby?" A man stood from the lonesome table pulling out a gun.

A collective shout of concern left every mans lips, all the concerns were aimed at Thomas. Arthur was busy beating the lights out of the assassin. Whilst the other blinders dealt with his backup.

Michael had been pushed to the ground, his back against a wall. Everyone was so concerned for Thomas that no one notice what had happened to Lucie.

He was most likely dead now, but he still hit her. Lucie had instinctively run towards Thomas, however she never quite made it to him.

Now she was shuffled beside Michael, clutching her arm, watching the boys try to pull Arthur away from the assassin. Only Michael knew that Lucie had been injured.

"Mike, rip some fabric off my skirt." Lucie choked out. Michael tried to question her but she wouldn't let him.

"Please! Just tie it round my arm." Lucie spoke through gritted teeth.

Michael tore the bottom of Lucie's skirt, ruining the present Thomas had purchased for her. She instructed him to tie the piece around her arm as tight as he possibly could. It would be enough to get her home.

"Someone get the kid." Thomas shouted,

"Don't get blood on the kid." He added.

Michael helped Lucie up, making sure to be delicate with the large grazes she now had. Gravel was covering the cuts in her skin, her face burned and her arms and legs stung from the impact.

"Lucie, what the fuck's happened." Thomas shouted, rushing towards her.

"I ran for you." She hissed in pain, "But Arthur pushes me out of the way, i slid across the floor." Lucie tried to laugh but it wasn't so easy.

"Charlie, get to Small Heath quick as you fuckin' can." Thomas shouted.

Lucie had been asleep in Tommy's room for two hours. Polly and Esme spent the better part of an hour removed small pieces of stone from the cuts in her arm and legs. They cleaned the grazes to her face, leaving her to sleep.

Thomas had called for Polly and Esme once they arrived back in Small Heath for assistance. Lucie tried to be quiet but she just couldn't.

Now Thomas was sat beside his beautiful sleeping girlfriend, moving a strand of hair from her face. He didn't want to leave her side. He felt like this was all his fault, where ever Lucie went, danger was in her path all because they were bound together.

Thomas felt Lucie stir and wake slowly, smiling when she turned to see Thomas. She attempted to pull herself up but Thomas wouldn't let her.

"Don't, Luce, stay in bed." He told her softly.

Lucie obliged with a smile, pulling Thomas to lie beside her.

"I'm so sorry." Thomas whispered.

"Thomas there's nothing for you to be sorry for." Lucie laughed.

"It's all my fault, I've brought you into this life." Thomas sighed.

"Thomas, listen to me." Lucie laughed, "It's not your fault don't blame yourself."

"But it is." Thomas shouted, moving to stand at the side of the bed, "I didn't want you getting hurt."

"I've been hurt before, I'm still here. It's not your fault." Lucie sighed.

"Stop saying that!" Thomas shouted, frightening Lucie, "I need to keep you safe, I can't have you hurt."

"Thomas I'm fine, for God sake I'm fine! Look!" Lucie raised her voice.

"Fine? Fine? You've been battered about. All because of me!" Thomas shouted, running his hands through his hair.

"I'm fine! Why? Why Thomas, I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me! Why? Why do you -." Thomas cut off Lucie rant.

"Because I -." Thomas' voice broke once he'd stopped talking.

"What? What Thomas?" Lucie stood up from the bed and moved towards Thomas.

Lucie placed her hand up to Thomas' cheek stroking his cheek softly. When Lucie looked at him she could see pain in his eyes.

"Why? Thomas, please. Talk to me!" Lucie sobbed, becoming emotional over nothing.

"Because! I love you!" Thomas sighed, his voice breaking once more.

"You love me?" Lucie gasped, her eyes becoming glassy.

"It's long overdue, Luce. I want to keep you safe because I can't loose you, I love you." Thomas sighed, kissing the top of Lucie's head.

"Well, Tommy." Lucie sighed.

"It's a good job I love you." Lucie laughed, kissing his lips softly.