25. Plaining ahead

(Jasmine's POV)

I haven't seen or even spoken to him in weeks. Sometimes I feel like it none of my business to butt in, but the other times, I feel like this is going to be somewhat, terrifying. But I don't put much thought into it, I rather not get into the habit of thinking that something bad is going to happen when there is a possibility that it might become a lie that I believed in. So, what I have been doing for the past week is taking to Nate about our wedding day. Wolf and Nate are going to be married here so I am really happy about that. But even more to it, he asked me to be the one to walk him down the ale. I know it is supposed to be the father, but his father doesn't know about this place, and also anything that really pissed me off, but let's not get into it too much.

"Have you ever thought about the people you left behind?" Nate asked me. It was all out of the blue, but it is true, I have been thinking about for a while. My family, friends, I have been thinking about all the time.

"Yeah..."

"Do you miss them?"

"Of course. What about you?"

"Friends yes, family... just a little..."

"Are you feeling home sick?" Nate took a while to answer me, but he just simply shook his head. I inhaled a bit before grabbing his hand and looked into his eyes.

"All of this is scary, I know. But you don't have to take it all at once. Take your time and thing will go as planned. If no one loves you in this world, at least you have someone who will forever be at your side. Under the pouring rain, he will shelter you. Within the angry flames, he will perfect you. Surrounded by hate, he will love you. He will always be at your side, no matter what. You love him, like he loves you." Nate started crying in my arms.

Marrying someone is different and it's hard, but when you know that it's the right time, then that's where the happy ending starts to show.

"So... What are you going to name it when you give birth?" Nate said, trying to change the topic. I shrugged my shoulders and then looked at my growing belly. Nate places his hand on my belly and then was thinking up many names. While he was throwing names around, I keep shaking my head to tell him that it might not be the one.

Then...

"Emily..." I mutter the word. Nate heard me and repeated.

"Emily?" and he felt a kick. We were speechless and then I smiled at the name. I didn't know how, but the name was ringing in my ears. Me and Nate started laughing, Emily it is. Now I don't have to wait to know the gender, I'm so happy.

[Night]

I was in the room, ready to go to bed when Stefan comes in. Stefan looked... inhuman. His hair was all messed up, red eyes, looked almost dead. He came to the bed and fell right on it.

"I DON'T WANT TO DO WORK ANYMORE!!!" he yelled in the pillows. I wanted to give him a pat on the back, but he got back up and went to the shower. You know when I said that I haven't seen him. Well, I do, but it's only for a short time. It worries me to death to think that he is forgetting about me. Sometimes I feel like I will just grab a frying pan and chase him around the place telling him a lot of stuff that many pregnant woman would do. Or even a knife... but I still love him. I watched him go into the bathroom and I just remained here, looking at the door.

(Stefan's POV)

Planning for this war takes a lot out of you. I couldn't speak to Jasmine because I am afraid that I might put her in danger. Not too long ago, an assassin came into the place and almost killed me. However, I am grateful that Master Blade and Wolf saved me from the attack and we ended up finding out that the heavens have already made their move. The person that almost killed me was of our solider that lived in the human world with his family. He went missing for about a week and now he is here, trying to kill me. So I spent most of my day, trying to help him. I got out of the bathroom only to find Jasmine already asleep. I feel guilty for doing this to her, but there was no way that I could tell her about this war. Going under the blankets, I started thinking about how this would turn out. If things come to the worst, I might have to...

I turn over to my side to see Jasmine with tears in her eyes. My eyes widen and I quickly moved to Jasmine to wake her up.

"Baby, wake up!" I said quietly but loud enough for her to hear me. Her eyes looked a bit puffy and red and she looked a bit flushed. She flattered her eyes open before looking at me.

"Wh...what is it?" She asked.

"Why are you crying?"

"I wasn't crying,"

"What's with the tears then?"

"Tears?" She placed her hand on her cheek and then looked at her now wet finger. She blushed a little and then wiped she face. While doing this, she started shuddering and saying 'sorry' a lot of times. It hurts me to see her like this, but I guess it is also my fault. I left her by herself, and I haven't even spoken to her for ages. I hugged her and she tried to leave but I did not allow her. She struggled for a bit, but then slowly stopped. I could feel her shaking a bit then wet droplets started to land on my shirt. Gripping onto my shirt, she started to dig in deeper into my chest and I felt happier than before.

"You FUCKING ASSHOLE! I missed you, you should fucking die in a fucking hole. FUCK YOU!!" Wow, she is swearing like crazy. I pissed her off big time. She started hitting me on the shoulders, but not so hard that's it hurts. I just stayed there and took all the pain that she felt and I know that I have broken my promise to her. I promised that I wouldn't leave her, but look what I have done, left her by herself to be nothing but alone. Even if she had Nate to talk to, what about all the other stuff like naming our child or wedding planning.

"You said you love me, you said that you wouldn't leave me, so WHY!?" I looked down to see her to see her boiling with angry tears. I was lost with her words, but the only thing that I could say was nothing more than a simple 'sorry', but that is too hard for me to say.

"Love me..." that's what I heard from her. "If you love me... then...Marry me..." I was in shock, but that is what I wanted to do from the start. I got off the bed, leaving Jasmine on it; I turned around to face her and bowed down at her feet.

"I have loved you from the very beginning, and I will marry you. I love you" she started to look at me with the tears held in place. "In three days, we will be married. And it will be just you, me and our baby."