19. Jasmine and Rose

(Stefan POV)

It has been about a month now, and this is the first time she has gone off somewhere on her own. Jasmine has always stayed beside me and never once lifted my side. It’s kinda surprising that she is now wondering off on her own, but maybe she is coming back to me.

I keep turning many corners until I finally saw Jasmine. She was walking right in front of me and I followed her. She walked past the library, kitchen, garden and even the bedroom. I kept following her until we reached the dungeon. I watched her as she walked towards one of the cage that was in the far end of the hallway.

“Jasmine? What are you doing here?” she turned to me with tears in her eyes. I ran up to her and held her in my arms, “What’s wrong baby? Why are you crying?” she didn’t say anything. I turned my head to the cage that was completely empty, but I saw something that was not supposed to be there. It was a glass rose.

“H-he-help me…” I looked back at Jasmine, “he-help m-me Stef-Stefan. Pl-please…” my heart trembled and I held her tighter. She put her arms around my back, “I’m scared… it hurts… help” and with that, she collapse in my arms. As I picked her up, I looked at the glass rose for a second then left the place to take Jasmine somewhere safe.

[Sometime later on]

I went back to the cage where Jasmine was looking at, and walked up to the glass rose. As I picked it up, something happened and I saw what it appears to be… Jasmine?

(Jasmine POV)

I sat there, unable to move or speak. I just sat there like a rag doll, leaning agents the brick wall. The cold, hard chains around my wrists and ankles made my body feel this way.

I heard the sound of jangling keys and heavy footsteps. The cold air that flowed into my lungs, made the fear disappear. I heard a click of an iron door and the footsteps came much closer to me. I felt two hands on me, one undoing the chain around me ankles and the other from my wristed. My body flinched with the odd pain that shot through my system. I looked up to the two armoured soldiers standing right in front of me. They both grabbed each side of my arm and yanked me up to my feet.

“Let’s go” said on the soldiers. They pushed me in front and lead me out of the dungeon. As I exit, everything was back to how it used to be, but there where something’s that looked different. The grades had their swords at their sides, ready to kill if I try to make the futile movement or sign of escaping. The hallways or empty and the sound of marching of heavy armour, clanged each other.

The footsteps stops and I looked up to the large door that opened up slowly. Inside, a girl that looked like me, sat on the throne. She looked laid back and board. Once our eyes met, she smirked widely and then got up from the throne. “Finally you have decided to wake up. How was your sleep? Painful? I hope so. I want you to suffer how I suffered” she said in an evil tone. She walked up to me, but I did not flinch or moved from my spot. She cupped my face and looked deep into my brown eyes. “You have his eyes” she said under her breath. “Who’s eyes?” I asked in reproduce.

“Father’s. Father always had brown eyes, but when he is mad, it gives a little shade of red. But when he is scared… I believe it turned into a light brown.” I looked at her with astonishment. How did she know about…

“Who are you?” she smirked and then started to laugh.

 “No one told you?”

“Told me? Told me what?”

“About us, what else.”

“Us?”

“Yes. First off, my name is Rose. Second, WE are sisters.”

“Sisters? But …I’m an only child.”

“Is that what mummy and daddy said?”

“No I-”

“You never asked. Well, how would you know about us when the only time we meet was in our dreams? But even so, that dream was meant to me forgotten so when we meet, our connections become stronger. None of those matters anymore, all I know is that I died for you. And that is a thing I regret.”

My eyes widen with all the new information I was given. She is my sister; the one that tried to kill me every time I sleep. She looked at me with disgrace, “I can’t believe my big sister is a slutty whore. Sleeping with that Stefan guy and letting him do things to you.” and with that, I felt a stabbing feeling in my chest. Black smoke started to form around me, but most likely near my heart.

I looked at her as she spoke silent word to me. The dark smoke kept me imprison with its iron grip. Before long, pain started and the rain of blood started to rain down as I held in my screams.

(Stefan POV)

“I am surprise that you are able to find a memory locket in this time period. And you say it was in the dungeon, correct?” said the priestess. I told her everything about how I found this ‘memory locket, and what I saw. She told me that this capture a memory in a cretin point of time. What I saw, was something that was meant to be in another world, a place for dream, Wishes and nightmares. If someone’s wish is powerful enough, it will be showed in within this memory locket, however, if the darkness has corrupted this memory locket and left it astray, then it will find someone at complete their desire. What every it is that is hurting Jasmine, then I have to find a way to stop it.

As I walked back to the castle and walked down the hallway. I saw some guards and nurse running, then some maids. At first, I didn’t think much about it, but once I started to hear a faint scream, I started to run myself. The scream become louder and louder that soon enough, I entered the bedroom with Jasmine screaming her head off.

I saw black smoke appearing around her body. All the nurse and maids help Jasmine, trying to calm her down, as the soldiers held her drown.

I just stood there, helplessly. What could I do? What should I do? A lot of things went through my head, but the thing that I couldn’t bring myself to do, is save her. Emma saw me and asked me to do something, but I couldn’t hear her.

“STEFAN!!! Get you head out of the gutter and HELP me” yelled Emma. I snapped out of the trance and ran over to Emma, “what do I do?” I asked, “I don’t know if this will work, but try to call her. Try to calm her down. I don’t know, JUST DO SOMETHING!!” and with that, I thought about many thing and the one that hanged more was the one that I wanted to say to her. The four words that… that I would give. The four words that will make everything I have ever know, change… besides the thing.

….

“Jasmine. Will you marry me?”