Christmas Lights (Calum Hood Fluff)

Summary: Baby Hood is teething, so she is fussy. Which means that her parents are not going to sleep tonight either. 
Based on Sleep Prompt #19: "Is it possible to sleep for two days?"
(Request) (Words: 980)
--

"Did she fall asleep?" Calum asks, passing me a mug of hot tea as I walk back down the living room.
"Yeap. I was holding my breath for 10 minutes until I was sure. I am so tired..." I mumble, plopping on the couch and laying on my back. Calum's hand goes to my hair, fingers tangling through them as my eyes shut, finally enjoying the silence.
"Maybe we should head to bed too. I don't think my body can handle staying up much longer." Calum's voice sounds more distant as I start to doze off.
"I can't walk... Just let me nap on here... Just for a moment." I beg, curling up to bring some warmth to my body.
"I can carry you upstairs. You deserve a good night of sleep. Come on, baby... Let's get you to bed." He suggests, scooping me up bridal style, carefully not to drop me.
"Try to be quiet... If she wakes up, I will start crying, I swear." I comment and he hums.

He places me gently on the bed, making sure I am covered by the duvet before he lays on his side and drapes an arm around my waist.
"Is it possible to sleep for two days?" I ask through yawns.
"I would let you if lil human wasn't depending on your boobs to stay alive." He chuckles, sounding almost as tired as me.
"It sucks that I am the one doing all the feedings." I whine, feeling his fingertips trace on my skin.
"I know, baby... I wish I could help with that. I don't know how you can do all that." He murmurs softly, nuzzling his nose on my neck.
"We should really sleep now. We don't know how much longer until the gremlin wakes up." I joke, cozying up against his body.
"Don't call our baby Gremlin..." He mumbles, already half off.

It only felt like a minute from the moment I closed my eyes until the baby's screams and cries echoed through the baby monitor. I groan, feeling too weak to respond to the crying.
"I got her." Calum is up before I could even move, rubbing his eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.
"What if she needs milk?" I ask and he chuckles, leaning down to press a chaste kiss on my forehead.
"I will bring her here, don't worry. Sleep until then, my love." He says softly, bringing the duvet up until it covers my ears.

I try to go back to sleep, but my eyes can only stare at the little baby monitor, fixed on Calum holding our daughter while he sings to her, trying to get her to go back to sleep. I throw the duvet on the side, pushing myself off the bed and walking slowly into the baby's room, finding Calum in an almost desperate state. The tiny baby produces much more noise than thought possible, so even Duke is standing on the door, looking at us worriedly.
"I tried. I tried my best... I am sorry." He mumbles as I pick up the swaddled baby.
"It's ok... She just wants mommy... She is mommy's perfect baby girl." I bounce her, hoping to get her crying to stop. Other than being tired and wanting to get back to sleep, her cries make my heart ache.
"Do your teeth hurt, princess?" I ask, pressing a kiss on the top of her head.
It frustrates me not knowing what I can do to help her, and in addition to my sleeplessness, it brings tears in my eyes.
"I'll walk her around the house. Maybe it will tire her down. You should go back to sleep, no need for both of us to stay up." I suggest, but Calum shakes his head.
"If you're up, then I am up. But I can walk her around so you can catch some sleep." Calum says, trying to pick her up, only making her cry louder.
"No, I can do it. She only gets along with mommy." I sniffle, walking out of the room, Calum following behind us.
"She hates me, doesn't she? It's because I was on tour for so long..." Calum asks as we climb down the stairs, bouncing the baby as I try to get her to quiet down.
"She doesn't hate you, bubba. She is just used to me. Plus, let me be her favorite while I still can. Once she gets a little older, she will be obsessed with you." I reply, rubbing the baby's back to soothe her.

"We forgot the Christmas lights on..." I sigh, walking in the living room, watching the Christmas tree still blinking rhythmically.
Calum moves ahead, bending down to plug the lights off. But for the first time in the past minutes, the baby goes silent, making me look at her, watching her as she stares mesmerized at the colorful petite lights.
"Did I go deaf?" Calum turns to us, looking as amazed as I am.
"Miracle..." I utter, moving closer to the tree.
"Can you get me a clean paci for her? I have some in the sterilizer..." I whisper and he nods, moving away after pressing a kiss on her soft head.
She sucks on the pacifier while looking at the lights, eyes blinking softly.
"Tomorrow morning I am heading to Target for more lights. We will put them in her room." Calum whispers in my ear, kissing my neck softly.
"I am so scared of taking her upstairs..." I mumble, feeling my feet hurting.
"I can bring her carrier here and we can sleep in the living room. I don't want to upset her more." He suggests, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"That would be nice..." I yawn, making him chuckle.
"I'll bring the stuff... Try not to fall asleep standing up." He whispers, pressing a kiss on my cheek.